Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Carne Asada Help

no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Carne Asada Help

by Will Terry » Fri May 15, 2009 11:28 am

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to live this dream... but here it goes.

I lived in San Diego for a year, and feasted upon Carne Asada burritos... and it was good.

Since moving away, every Mexican restaurant I've visited, I've ordered Carne Asada... and it always falls short. I've tried making it at home, but the recipes online are all missing something. I've tinkered and toyed with it, but I haven't been able to replicate the deliciousness of the carne asada I once had.

I know it's possible to make at home... I just can't figure out how... does anyone have any tried and true carne asada recipes?
no avatar
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

Re: Carne Asada Help

by Leann C » Fri May 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Will,

This may be a long shot, but the link below is a blog I follow. The blogger is Dan. He's originally from the States, but now lives in Buenos Aires. He runs a sort of underground restaurant out of his apartment. I'll bet if you send him an email, he'll be able to give you a recipe. I've emailed him before with questions for a friend who was traveling in Argentina and he sent a helpful & quick response.
http://www.saltshaker.net/
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

Re: Carne Asada Help

by John Hagan » Fri May 15, 2009 1:02 pm

Im not sure about burritos, but the gordita trailer makes some great carne asada tacos. Hes normally in the eastland shopping center on Bardstown rd Friday nights and during the day Saturday. If you have never been over there its worth checking out. I think its the finest taco trailer in the city. It compares to anything Ive had on the west coast. You can do a search on the restaurant forum for gordita trailer and Im sure you come with some more info on him.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.