Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Upcoming Cooking Classes

no avatar
User

SusanLukjan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 09, 2007 12:45 pm

291 N. Hubbards Ln (next to Kroger)

Upcoming Cooking Classes

by SusanLukjan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm

We are in the process of scheduling the spring cooking classes. Does anyone has suggestions of what they would like to attend? Chefs that you would like to see? Please drop us a line or call us!!! We are eager to hear from you.

As always...remember to shop and eat at all the local business you want to keep around!!!
Check Our Our Latest Cooking Class Schedule!!
Campbell's Gourmet Cottage
291 N. Hubbards Ln
893-6700
no avatar
User

Dana McMahan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:00 pm

St Joe's

Re: Upcoming Cooking Classes

by Dana McMahan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:35 am

SusanLukjan wrote:We are in the process of scheduling the spring cooking classes. Does anyone has suggestions of what they would like to attend? Chefs that you would like to see? Please drop us a line or call us!!! We are eager to hear from you.

As always...remember to shop and eat at all the local business you want to keep around!!!

I was just thinking this morning I'd love a class that's meant for serious home cooks who still need some of the basics. We've been cooking several years and learning along the way but I'd like to sharpen my knife skills (sorry, couldn't resist) and learn some of the things culinary students might (but without assuming we know nothing).
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:40 pm

SusanLukjan wrote:We are in the process of scheduling the spring cooking classes. Does anyone has suggestions of what they would like to attend? Chefs that you would like to see? Please drop us a line or call us!!! We are eager to hear from you.

Bruce Ucan .. Mayan Cafe
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve Shade » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Dana McMahan wrote:
I was just thinking this morning I'd love a class that's meant for serious home cooks who still need some of the basics. We've been cooking several years and learning along the way but I'd like to sharpen my knife skills (sorry, couldn't resist) and learn some of the things culinary students might (but without assuming we know nothing).

Campbells Gourmet Cottage has cooking classes just as you describe including one by Nancy Russman for four weeks for intermediate cooks. Also a long list of accomplished chefs with individual classes usually about $45.00 per class.

For information go to gourmetcottage.com and click on the pdf page in upper right. All classes are by accomplished chefs.

You can request a new schedule when it comes out. There will probably be a "knife skills" class by a Wustof representative.
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

SusanLukjan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 09, 2007 12:45 pm

291 N. Hubbards Ln (next to Kroger)

by SusanLukjan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Yes, we do have the knife skills coming up on the next schedule. I think the 6 week beginners class is a wonderful one to take. I consistently recieve compliments on it and how it changes their family dynamics. They find the family back in the kitchen and eating together again. I think that is the best compliment of all. We will also have a hand's on sauce class. With a great sauce, you make serve (almost) anything and make it spectacular. If you are not on our mailing list, please email me and I will be sure you recieve a brochure.

Remember, shop and eat locally!!!
Check Our Our Latest Cooking Class Schedule!!
Campbell's Gourmet Cottage
291 N. Hubbards Ln
893-6700
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve Shade » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Sandy has taken a lot of the classes at Campbells and loves to do so. As the "eater" in the family I strongly recommend these classes.

They also have couples classes, kids classes, and individual classes, such as Lelia Gentile (Stans Fish) and Josh Moore (Volare) and Marsha Lynch (Cafe Lou Lou) for desserts and savory dishes.
-- Ann Landers