Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

turkey safety question

no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

turkey safety question

by Ellen White » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Ok, so I picked up my turkey from Kroger today.
The package says, "Fully cooked. May be served hot or cold."

Then, when it gives the reheating instructions, it says to cook at 350 degrees for 1-3/4 to 2 hours, until internal temperature reaches 145-150 degrees.

Question: If the turkey is fully cooked, do I have to be super careful about reaching the 150 degree mark?
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Re: turkey safety question

by Stephen D » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:28 pm

Try to spend as little time in the danger zone (70 - 145) as possible...
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Stephen D wrote:Try to spend as little time in the danger zone (70 - 145) as possible...

Said Stephen as he donned his flight jacket and headed out the door with Kenny Loggins playing in the background...
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:07 am

John Hagan wrote:
Stephen D wrote:Try to spend as little time in the danger zone (70 - 145) as possible...

Said Stephen as he donned his flight jacket and headed out the door with Kenny Loggins playing in the background...

Haha! You just ain't right!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:17 am

John Hagan wrote:

Damn John. that's the most hilarious thing I've read on here in a long time. :lol:

Incredibly off topic, but as long as the Top Gun reference has been made: there's an incredibly funny video on YouTube of a bogus trailer for Top Gun, but recut as a love story between Maverick and Iceman. It's pretty hilarious.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:25 am

John Hagan wrote:

Very Good! :D