Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Re: Inventory: What's in your kitchen "utility drawer"?

by Stephen D » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:12 pm

Although not technically a drawer, I have a box for these things. My drawers are silver and towels.

Microplane, chopsticks, xmas cookie cutters, skewers, backup whisks (that's where they were!) apple corer, egg slicer, marinade injector, tenderizer, baster, pastry bag and tips, plastic ware, dough cutter, #40 scoop and a couple 'small parts' with no home that I know of. Where do we get these things?

:lol:
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 am

Haven't you gotten to the "play with road flares" part of your firefighter training yet, John? :D Road flares are serious fun. Whip one of those bad boys out next time you get any overzealous ecclesiastical affiliation knocking on your door. It's amazing how quickly a bottle of bourbon and a road flare clears a room! :twisted: I used to work with someone who would keep 4 or 5 taped together with black electricians tape. He would meet people at the door with it in hand and tell them he was just getting to the touchy part but come on in and sit down.
Last edited by Ed Vermillion on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:29 am

Ed- I can't stop laughing!!!
no avatar
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:45 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:Haven't you gotten to the "play with road flares" part of your firefighter training yet, John? :D

Yeah, I guess we just never got the domestic household applications yet...although the firework co. we work for has provided us with inert explosives training aids that we have used to freak out the neighbors on occasion.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
Previous