Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

abscence of mallard

no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: abscence of mallard

by Ethan Ray » Wed May 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Now I want some duck fat - just looked at Creation's catalog - $44.00 for a whole tub, it doesn't even say how many ounces it is. Did anyone ever find anywhere to buy a "little bit" of duck fat?

Yeah, I know, I could render it myself. But I'd be thrilled to just buy $10-worth of duck fat. Doesn't somebody in town have duck fat fries on their menu? Maybe I could saunter in the back door of the kitchen and trade a coconut cake for some.

We have a pound (it's about the size of a quart container) from Grimaud Farms in our freezer, leftover from the confit Sarah and I made for our dinner.

How much do you need?
Or you can order it direct from Grimaud or HVFG. It's not too expensive when you order by the 1# or 2# tub.
(Actually i think the shipping is more expensive than the fat itself)
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu May 21, 2009 1:48 am

I have about a cup frozen if that would help.
no avatar
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Fri May 22, 2009 1:47 pm

I just emailed with a friend that works at Creation Gardens. They have duck fat in 7 lb. tubs for roughly $50 (Marsha was probably right on with the $44).
Previous