Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Sriracha?

no avatar
User

Beth T

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Re: Sriracha?

by Beth T » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:53 am

Went to Vietnam Kitchen for dinner last night. The hubby had a little Pho with his Sriracha. Apparently, it was the owner's birthday. He shared his cake.

I was also there last night eating the the K6 (so tasty it doesn't need Sriracha but I applied a few squeezes anyway)! It was so nice of the owners to include their patrons in the birthday celebration. To me, that's what makes VK so special, besides the great food, of course.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:56 pm

How funny! I had the K6, as well!

We took my brother there for his first time (he loved the place). As per usual, everything was phenomenal.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Always my goto ingredient when i need some heat on something.

I really hate Louisiana style hot sauces because they tend to be overly strong with vinegar, and i rarely want or need that sort of acidic bite.

It's easier to gauge the proper amount of sriracha to add to something than cayenne pepper, and it disperses much more evenly than dry chili powders or raw peppers.

Not to mention... it's hot, with out being too hot, and doesn't have much of a flavor profile or it's own (compared to something like Tabasco), so it provides a nice neutral "hot" without adding any additional and undesired flavors of it's own.

90% of the time i need it to add the heat i want in Asian dishes... i crave the heat i got used to from eating family meal at Asiatique day in day out for over 3 years.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

by Tom Holstein » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:47 am

I love it on most things as well.

My fav is two parts Kewpie mayo, one part Sriracha, a dash of flying fish roe blended with a couple of rough chopped diver scallops.....um,um GOOD. :D
Previous