Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Could it be...Ham

no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Could it be...Ham

by Steve P » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:14 am

All,

As we "newbies" venture out and about we are discovering all kinds of neat stuff here in Louisville and Oldham Co. I wanted to take a moment to put in a plug for the country ham at Crestwood Meats on HWY 146. I've always been a big fan of (good) country ham and never failed to take some back to Minnesota (where they don't KNOW what country ham IS) whenever we traveled. The C/H I sampled at Crestwood Meats yesterday is "OMG" good...easily the best I've ever eaten. Sweet and not overly salty...very much like a nice prosciutto. I'm told the stuff "flies out the door" during the holidays.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Re: Could it be...Ham

by carla griffin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:09 pm

I live right there. I'll have to get some for my brother out in CA.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Steve Saks

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Eastern Louisville - Polo Fields

Re: Could it be...Ham

by Steve Saks » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:21 pm

I have to jump into this discussion to say that I love Crestwood Meats. I havent seen it mentioned on this board before, but now that someone has brought it up, I needed to post my 2cents worth.

I'm kinda particular about the meats I buy....never will I ever again purchase ground meat from Walmart.....and Crestwood meats is the place I go for most of my needs, like Chicken, Bacon (awesome), ground meat and steak.

The two people who work there, Mike (owner) and Mason are both great. Always willing to cut/tenderize and or ground anything I need. I've been pestering Mike for veal (hhhmmmm....Veal Parmesan!!!) and he's working to get some, but hasn't yet because he cannot find a supplier with a good enough grade of veal. (That's cool, in my book. He could just get any old veal and sell it, but he'd rather not sell it unless he could find a good grade. Nice!!)

O.K...my post o' praise is done.

Have a good day, all!!

Steve