Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Wild Caught Shrimp

no avatar
User

David O.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:52 am

Louisville

Re: Wild Caught Shrimp

by David O. » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Gary Hirsch wrote:David O,

Of course I took offense to your post. Not only did you knock the product I carry, you had no clue that they ARE saltwater Shrimp. Then you take a new local person, quote them and tell them that in your opinion a national chain has a better product then the local fishmonger. HMMMMMM sounds a little odd to me and everyone else that has contacted me about your opinions and recent post. A little research would probably do you good before you state so-called facts about certain products that you have demonstrated you have no clue about. Believe me when I say as a "True Gentleman", “ It is OK to lose you as a customer, in order to educate the public, when you David O misrepresented the facts”.

I Remain,

Gary Hirsch
Highland Fish Market
http://www.highlandfish.com

I'm the customer my man. And I prefer wild caught gulf shrimp over Bangladesh tidal pool shrimp (that sounds so yummy as Rachel would say).

I meant no offense by my post but, you obviously took it. O well, you where offended and loss a customer all in the same post. :cry:

Fortunately I have plenty of options to get my wild caught gulf shrimp, which I think is a better product than the stuff you carry, and other seafood at Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Seafood Connection and yes, Kroger. :wink:

And as far as everyone contacting you about my opinions and post, what's with that?

Imagine that, all this in the Louisville Kitchen Forum. I don't think I've written this much here in the past year put together. Kinda puts me off posting.
David O.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Wild Caught Shrimp

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:29 pm

David O. wrote: Kinda puts me off posting.

I won't take sides here, David, but it's kind of a shame to let a discussion with a single individual put you off a whole forum full of nutty foodies.
Previous