Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Raw Blueberry Pie

no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Raw Blueberry Pie

by Gayle DeM » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:04 pm

I make very few desserts, four to be exact. However, there are few foods that I love as much as blueberries, and other than eating them by the handful or sprinkled on my cereal, this is my very favorite way to consume blueberries. So I thought I would share the recipe with you. Enjoy!

Raw Blueberry Pie

6 cups fresh blueberries
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tbsps. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. each: ground allspice, ground cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg
1 tbsp. butter
juice of 1/2 lemon
9 inch deep dish pie crust
whipped cream or ice cream

Rinse blueberries; let drain. In medium saucepan, combine sugars, flour, salt and spices. Stir to mix well. Add 2 cups blueberries and put on medium heat Stir constantly until blueberries soften and become juicy. Simmer gently, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until thickened. (Be careful as this mixture sticks easily.) Remove from heat, stir in butter and lemon juice. Cool. Meanwhile, bake pie shell. (Frozen or from scratch, your choice.) When all the heat is out of the blueberry mixture, stir in the remaining 4 cups of fresh blueberries and pour into pie shell. Cover with waxed paper and refrigerate. To serve top with whipped cream or ice cream.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck