Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Novelty Shot

no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Novelty Shot

by Stephen D » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:49 pm

From time to time, chef likes to challenge both myself and my theory that 'if you can eat it, you can drink it...'

Yesterday, while making stuffed eggs, he had some hard egg yolk left over. 'Stephen, make a drink out of this.'

Think egg nog meets a bloody mary. A deviled egg novelty shot.

Soy Lecithin (stabilizer) is placed into a food processor with hot sauce and bruschetta consomme'. Blend until the lecithin is dissolved. Add the egg yolks and continue blending until homogeneous (and fluffy.)

Absolut Peppar .30 oz
Mix 1.20 oz

Place into shaker and shake well (no ice!) Add the ice and wait for 15 seconds. Strain into shot glass.

Tastes like a liquid deviled egg! Granted, I wouldn't drink too many, a I'm guessing this could give you heartburn if overindulged.

I tasted it on a foodie last night and he loved it. Just as funny were the 'there's no way in h&ll I'm drinking that' responses from the staff.

I'll keep the mix around till Sat night close in case anybody is interested...
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: Novelty Shot

by Ethan Ray » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Come on man!

Lecithin is an emulsifier. :wink:

...I really need to get you a copy of the rough draft of my "Industrial Food Additive Guide" i showed you. (and keep working on it)

You also should look in syneresis filtration. (it would make sense for the bruscetta consomme)
I'm still doing a bit of research on proper gelatin ratios for clarification.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:06 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:Come on man!

Lecithin is an emulsifier. :wink:

...I really need to get you a copy of the rough draft of my "Industrial Food Additive Guide" i showed you. (and keep working on it)

You also should look in syneresis filtration. (it would make sense for the bruscetta consomme)
I'm still doing a bit of research on proper gelatin ratios for clarification.

Haha!

I'm glad I can count on you to keep me in check and correct! :lol:
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:19 am

As Heather scratches her head............ :? Huh?

Just kidding... you guys sound like two mad scientists? Keep up the good work!