Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Apnea Bazaar

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Apnea Bazaar

by Carla G » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Just found this little store today and couldn't find it anywhere already mentioned on these boards.
It's located at 11324 Maplebrook Dr. (That's the road that runs between Hwy 22 at the scuba store and Westport Rd. In a little strip center behind Moby Dicks.)
It's a fun little, mainly Indian grocery with fresh fruits ( some I had never seen , others just hard to find) and a butcher area too. Lots of cool spices, flours, and bags and bags of chippy snacks made from chick peas or who knows what. It made me want to discover more about Indian food.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Apnea Bazaar

by Doogy R » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:15 am

Hey Carla, I've been going to this place for years. It's even had a name change. I love all the snacky stuff but the spices, grains, ghee options just do it for me. Then there is the full butcher shop. I love the goat, to me it's the best in town. And as you mentioned, all those nice veggies and fruits which seem so unfamiliar. Maybe we'll see each other there one of these days.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:50 am

Dolby it may be a bit before I drop in again. Just bought 3 jars (different brands) of lime pickle. Had for the first time while visiting my daughter in London and LOVED it. Now I got to figure out what all to put it on. Maybe make some deviled eggs with it?
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:50 am

Not sure you responded to me. I am not Dolby. Regardless, maybe we can meet up there sometime. I live about 1.5 miles away. Just let me know.

Carla G wrote:Dolby it may be a bit before I drop in again. Just bought 3 jars (different brands) of lime pickle. Had for the first time while visiting my daughter in London and LOVED it. Now I got to figure out what all to put it on. Maybe make some deviled eggs with it?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:12 am

Doogy R wrote:Not sure you responded to me. I am not Dolby. Regardless, maybe we can meet up there sometime. I live about 1.5 miles away. Just let me know.

Carla G wrote:Dolby it may be a bit before I drop in again. Just bought 3 jars (different brands) of lime pickle. Had for the first time while visiting my daughter in London and LOVED it. Now I got to figure out what all to put it on. Maybe make some deviled eggs with it?

My apologies, it was a typo! So goofy of me :oops:
My trips there have been more of a spontaneous nature.(it's on my "flight path" between the used book store on Westport and Crestwood.) the car just seems to veer into its parking lot sometimes. I will certainly check the aisles for you next time I am there! :D