Home | List of Restaurants | Restaurant Sites | About Us | Contact Us

Louisville Restaurants Forum

Skip to content

Great Source for fresh Tomatoes and local foods! :-)

Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Great Source for fresh Tomatoes and local foods! :-)

Postby Deb Hall » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:56 am

All,

I recently saw an ad on Facebook for Grasshoppers and found out that you can order local foods- produce, dairy, meats and others - direct from Grasshoppers like the restaurants do. I thought you could only do the Grasshoppers CSA- not just order things as you need them- how did I miss this???? :shock:

Their website is http://grasshoppers.deliverybizpro.com/home.php. They have weekly deliveries and ALOT of locations you can pickup at. This pickup location issue is a really big issue for me as a working parent and one of the reasons I stopped doing CSAs ( getting pick-ups was a constant problem with schedules). In my case, the Rainbow Blossom 1/2 mile from my house is perfect. Easy on-line ordering too; pick-up was easy and flawless. The items picked up by the lady in front of me were beautiful- obviously very high quality and very fresh!

They are running a sale now- 20 lbs of organic plum tomatoes for only $30 ( wow!). I ordered them for fresh sauce/ canning/ drying. The tomatoes are beautiful and really great tasting; they are huge and I was initially worried the flavor might not be as good. Highly recommend if you are looking for lots of tomatoes!

Deb
Deb Hall
Foodie

Re: Great Source for fresh Tomatoes and local foods! :-)

Postby Margie L » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:34 pm

I second that. Bought the 20# of Romas for $30, and I now have enough in my freezer to add summer freshness all winter. There were 2 or 3 tomatoes in the whole crate that weren't quite up to par for freezing, but they tasted great. BTW, I just wash 'em and bag 'em. The skins peel right off when they defrost.
Margie L
Foodie

Return to The Louisville Kitchen