Hey, all! Some of you will probably remember me from this post
. Well. I'm back with another gaming menu dilemma.
Next month, my gaming group will be playing a superhero-themed game. Appropriate, given the recent movie releases. But we're scratching our heads about what to do for a theme.
Now, we've played superhero games before. The last time, we went with something easy: hero sandwiches. Before that, the games coincided with holidays, so we built menus around the holidays instead. But with August coming up, there's no particular holiday to build a menu around.
We've Googled for some ideas, but everything seems to be about party food for kids. We've all got mortgages, for heaven's sake, so that's a non-starter. Suggestions so far:
1) A spinach salad, as a nod to Popeye the Sailor Man
2) Maybe something featuring quinoa, since every website considers that a "super-grain"
3) Oreos, the favorite food of Martian Manhunter. A possible dessert option?
4) Pizza, from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We've done pizza to death, want to avoid it here.
5) In the Batman animated series, Bruce Wayne’s favorite food was nachos
Beyond that, we got nuthin'. So I turn to you, fellow Hotbyters: what's a good Superhero-themed menu for adults?