Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

{ LOCATION }

Original Highlands

Source for Quail

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } Michele Cull » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Need an inexpensive source for quail this weekend for Vacation Bible School. We are wandering in the Wilderness and need manna and quail. I think I have the manna figured out, but would like them to try at least a taste of quail. They went crazy for venison the last few years but my source does not bird hunt. We have 25 or so kids that attend. I could use chicken meat but that would not be near as much fun...

MissChele
MissChele
USER_AVATAR
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

{ LOCATION }

Crescent Hill

Re: Source for Quail

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } Robin Garr » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Michele Cull Wrote:Need an inexpensive source for quail this weekend for Vacation Bible School. We are wandering in the Wilderness and need manna and quail. I think I have the manna figured out, but would like them to try at least a taste of quail. They went crazy for venison the last few years but my source does not bird hunt. We have 25 or so kids that attend. I could use chicken meat but that would not be near as much fun...

Michele, Valu Market in Iroquois Manor often has them frozen in fairly big packages, and I don't recall them being terribly expensive.

Are you going to make the kids eat quail until they are loathsome to them and come out their nostrils? :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

{ POSTS }

{ JOINED }

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

{ LOCATION }

Original Highlands

Re: Source for Quail

{ POST_BY_AUTHOR } Michele Cull » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:01 pm