Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Ribs.. Steve I am looking for you!

no avatar
User

Madeline Peters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm

St Matthews

Ribs.. Steve I am looking for you!

by Madeline Peters » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Steve:

I sent you a private message but I am not sure it got to you. I was hoping to get the rib recipe/ technique that we had at the November potluck. We recently tried to make ribs for the millionth time and it came out bad as always. I don't know what we are doing wrong but I liked the fact your ribs still had a little chew. Anyway, unless it is a family secret, we would love to try it. (I got Mark a smoker for Christmas)

Madeline
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Ribs.. Steve I am looking for you!

by Steve P » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Madeline Peters wrote:Steve:

I sent you a private message but I am not sure it got to you. I was hoping to get the rib recipe/ technique that we had at the November potluck. We recently tried to make ribs for the millionth time and it came out bad as always. I don't know what we are doing wrong but I liked the fact your ribs still had a little chew. Anyway, unless it is a family secret, we would love to try it. (I got Mark a smoker for Christmas)

Madeline

DOH !!! I did see that P.M. but got all excited about football this weekend and forgot to reply. Will do so right after my afternoon nap.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Madeline Peters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm

St Matthews

by Madeline Peters » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:15 am

Steve:

The ribs were perfect. Thank you! We were not cooking the ribs long enough and that is why they were tough and fatty.
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Madeline Peters wrote:Steve:

The ribs were perfect. Thank you! We were not cooking the ribs long enough and that is why they were tough and fatty.

Most excellent. Glad to help. We'll work on Brisket next :D
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio