Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

what's cookin'........

no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: what's cookin'........

by Carla G » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:56 am

Steve-
We should open a restaurant together! We could call it,

You Really Don't Want To Eat Here
(The restaurant for people who knew going in it was going to be a mistake.)

But I think it's been doe before. Remember the old Tangerine Lounge? Wasn't their byline, "The worst food in Louisville!"?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Believe it or don't, tonight we roasted ... a turkey thigh! :lol: Although we were at two different turkey dinners on Thursday, we were fairly moderate in our consumption at both, and I wasn't turkey'd out. Plus, I wanted leftovers. So I used my standard recipe - http://www.wineloverspage.com/wineadvis ... 1123.phtml - with a natural/humanely raised turkey (from Whole Foods), and am now loaded with tryptophans again and very happy.
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Ahhhhhhhh New Years Eve. That time of year when thoughts of new diets are put off for yet one more day.

Here at the P house, we're dealin' up some Seafood Chowder, grilled Lobster tails, roasted corn, Rosemary potatoes, etc. (did I mention a few frosty libations ?) And that's just for the preliminaries. Mindnight will find us face buried in a big ol heaping helping of Pork and Saurkraut (for good luck), some mashed taters, rolls, etc. Oh and did I mention the midnight (7) Bourbon tasting. Yep, gonna be a good day Tater. :P

Happy New Year Ya'll
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:36 pm

You really know how to ring in the New Year! Hope 2011 is as good for you as your New Year's Eve menu sounds!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

JohnS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 pm

by JohnS » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:56 pm

Took advantage of the warm to grill something. Made some ponzu/ginger-marinated seared ahi tacos with wasabi-mayo slaw and sliced daikon. Nowhere even close to traditional for New Years, but I would have hated myself for not grilling on a day like today in December... 8)

(both have the same ingredients, but were assembled differently so I could show someone the ingredients in question. Topped with sesame seeds and a squirt or two of sriracha for some kick)

Previous