Home | List of Restaurants | Restaurant Sites | About Us | Contact Us

Louisville Restaurants Forum

Skip to content

Where to buy Mettwurst

Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Where to buy Mettwurst

Postby Scott Hack » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:15 pm

I am unable to get to Cincy this weekend for the Octoberfest, but I want to still try to celebrate a bit and grill some Mettwurst. Anyone know where I can buy some in Louisville? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mettwurst

Looking for more of the salami style, not the spreadable kind evidently. Reminded me of a Italian sausage or Bratwurst in firmness.

Thanks!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
Scott Hack
Foodie

Re: Where to buy Mettwurst

Postby Jeff T » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Scott
I have purchased Metts several times at the St Matthews Kroger. I have bought them straight up or in a mixed pack with bratwurst. I believe 6 links to a pack. The mixed is 3 metts and 3 bratwurst. Bluegrass meats is the brand. They are quite good.
Jeff T
Foodie

Postby JustinHammond » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:11 am

Scott Hack wrote:I am unable to get to Cincy this weekend for the Octoberfest, but I want to still try to celebrate a bit and grill some Mettwurst. Anyone know where I can buy some in Louisville? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mettwurst

Looking for more of the salami style, not the spreadable kind evidently. Reminded me of a Italian sausage or Bratwurst in firmness.

Thanks!

Scott,

I believe(don't quote me) Robin Garr mentioned that the "bratwurst" from Barr Farms reminded him of Mettwurst more than bratwurst. I haven't tasted mine, but they don't look like any bratwurst I've ever seen.

Adam Barr
Phone: 859-608-6458
adam.barr@gmail.com
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison
JustinHammond
Foodie

Postby Michelle R. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:34 am

Try Kingsley's on Taylorsville Rd (502) 459-7211. They've usually got a pretty good selection of sausages. Another thought might be Mike Best's on Brownsboro (502) 896-2509.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
Michelle R.
Foodie

Postby Andrew Mellman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:47 pm

If Mike's Best (either Brownsboro or Westport village) doesn't have it, they can make it for you.
Andrew Mellman
AJMellman@att.net
Andrew Mellman
Foodie

Postby Scott Hack » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:01 pm

That was exactly the response I got back from Mike's Best.

Going to do some research on a recipe!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
Scott Hack
Foodie

Return to The Louisville Kitchen