Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: The Peppers are coming..........

by TP Lowe » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:33 pm

John - this is a super Cayenne. Monster pepper. I have two plant and look forward to drying them and having serious pepper flakes next year.
no avatar
User

JohnS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 pm

by JohnS » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Was thinking it looked like a cayenne, but you mentioned thai dragons, so I assumed it was a mutant thai based on the stem end...

And on a thai chile note - a great snacky food use for them I picked up from a buddy's Thai wife:

Cheap lunch meat squares (like Buddigs or store brand - pastrami or corned beef were what we had)
peanuts (shelled - any kind works)
Diced onion
Chopped fresh ginger
lime segments (peeled and rough cut)
diced thai chile

Simple eating - place slice of lunch meat in palm of hand, fill with the other stuff, fold edges, pop in mouth. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Sounds simple, but the flavor mix is great. Makes a great game snack.
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:48 am

While I suspect the peppers I grew were not Bhuts, I can tell you this...I made some homemade hot dog chili tonight and whatever they are I threw a couple of them in the pot to simmah with the chili. An hour after the fact there is NO doubt in my mind I'm going to be substituting an ice cube for toilet paper for the next few days. My mouth is on freaking FIRE and my endorphin-meter is pegged. WOW !!!! These babies are HOT :evil:
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
Previous