Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Palermo Viejo

no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Palermo Viejo

by Karen H » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Went to Palermo Viejo Friday night.....my taste buds are still dancing! :D I LOVE the chimichurri sauce over the fries (don't dip them, make sure you pour it on the fries it's a totally different taste) and I could cut my fillet with a fork!!!! Cooked to perfection. Price was reasonable $16 for 6 oz fillet and fries(and you get a lot of fries) Great bread also comes with your meal. ! Make sure you save room for the banana ice cream and ask them to drizzle chocolate over it! Yum Yum!! Service was top notch as usual! The only down side was the cold air from the door opening & closing, opening & closing.....This would be a good place for one of those cozy fireplaces we've been talking about. But I guess you would be hard pressed to find any place that is warm in this weather.

If you haven't eaten here you need to try it, but call for reservations especially on the weekend. It was hopping when we left at about 7:15.
no avatar
User

Blake N

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:12 am

Re: Palermo Viejo

by Blake N » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

This is one of my favorites. Can't decide if I like Palermo Viejo, Seviche, or Mayan Cafe the most.
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:45 pm

I LOVE this place. Their steak is one of the best in town.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Palermo = grilled sweet breads = Yum
no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:42 am

This is, without question, our favorite place! We eat here often and have never had anything less than awesome food. Palermo is one place we always make sure to bring out of town guests to and have never been disappointed :)
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:59 am

The wife and I went once and were not impressed, I guess we need to give it another shot.

We had an app. I can't remember and the parrilla steak, sweetbreads, and sausages for 2.

Their website is also down. I tried to look up the app we had, but the site is now a gif-maker advertisment.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 am

JustinHammond wrote:The wife and I went once and were not impressed, I guess we need to give it another shot.

We had an app. I can't remember and the parrilla steak, sweetbreads, and sausages for 2.

Their website is also down. I tried to look up the app we had, but the site is now a gif-maker advertisment.

I would definitely give it another shot if I were you. We go often, and it's ALWAYS our go to place with big groups for birthdays and the like.

If Jessica is working, I'd recommend requesting her. She's a sweetheart and always takes good care of us.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Karen H wrote:I LOVE the chimichurri sauce over the fries (don't dip them, make sure you pour it on the fries it's a totally different taste)

Wow! Great idea!

I love Palermo. Not only for the steaks but they are the only place in town that serves provoleta. O.M.G.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:38 am

Great place. Have never had a bad meal or bad service. Friendly owners and staff.

Also, a little nostalgia ... I have been going to that building since it was called the Moon Club, strictly a bar, sometimes even classed up with a piano bar. Many good memories and a few bad ones.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

by Neal M » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Palermo has been one of my favorite places for several years now. I've had two trips to Buenos Aires since last summer. Both times I stayed in Palermo Hollywood (the last time a block from where the owners stay when they visit), and, I absolutely had a culinary ball!!! Although I discovered some differences between their food and the same dishes ordered in the Parilla's that were on seemingly every corner, they do a great job of bringing the essence of urban Argentina to Louisville.
no avatar
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

by Leann C » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:47 pm

I also tried to pull up their website & noticed that it is down. Found a copy of their menu here....
http://www.allmenus.com/ky/louisville-e ... iejo/menu/
no avatar
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

by Joe C » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:24 am

We love it! Me, I'm a carnivore and love the plate o' meat without the sweetbreads. My wife the vegetarian has a easy time finding something to eat.
I second the place as being a winner to bring guests.
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!