Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Maido

no avatar
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

Maido

by Laura T » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:18 pm

A couple of nights ago, Robert and I headed over to Maido for dinner after realizing that the wait at Cafe Mimosa was going to be a lot longer than we were in the mood for. I'm so glad they're busy, but I'll wait for the excitement to wear off just a little before heading back. As usual, Maido was lovely. The only reason that I'm posting is because I want to note that their beef & havarti spring roll is something really special. It's served with a Worcestershire-ish dipping sauce and it is just really delicious and unique. I highly recommend it!
no avatar
User

Jessie H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:45 am

Iroquois Park

Re: Maido

by Jessie H » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:11 am

thanks for the post laura. we usually go to maido about once a week and i have found myself ordering pretty much the same thing every time (serendipity, there went drew, and either gyoza or some shrimp kushikatsu). next time, i'll try the spring roll you suggested. what else have you liked at maido?

BTW, my suggestion for beer drinkers... try the belgian sunset.
chi mangia bene, viva bene.

amen.
no avatar
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

by Laura T » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Haha, we both had the Belgian Sunset too, and it's great! There Went Drew is sooo yummy as well.
no avatar
User

Jessie H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:45 am

Iroquois Park

by Jessie H » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:06 pm

there went drew is awesome. it's one of those foods that when i eat it, i just have to smile. it's the texture, the flavors, and temperature all rolled into one "feeling."
chi mangia bene, viva bene.

amen.