Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Chef Ed Fordyce Died

no avatar
User

Fred Kunz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm

Chef Ed Fordyce Died

by Fred Kunz » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:26 pm

FORDYCE, EDWARD 54, died peacefully Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at the Hosparus Inpatient Care Center.
Ed was one of the most talented Chef's I've ever worked with
He will be missed
no avatar
User

Stacy Roof

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:03 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Chef Ed Fordyce Died

by Stacy Roof » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Oh my goodness, I knew Ed and he will be missed greatly.
Stacy Roof
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Stacy Roof wrote:Oh my goodness, I knew Ed and he will be missed greatly.

I regret that Ed's name is not immediately familiar to me, but of course it's a loss. Stacy, where are some of the local or Kentucky places where Ed worked?
no avatar
User

Fred Kunz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm

by Fred Kunz » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:34 pm

Robin
Ed worked at Kunz's on and off the past 15 years or so also Timothy's,Buck's,Clement's Catering , The Galt House, Hurstbourne Country Club and several other places in town
He moved around a some
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks, Fred. Condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Fred Kunz wrote:Robin
Ed worked at Kunz's on and off the past 15 years or so also Timothy's,Buck's,Clement's Catering , The Galt House, Hurstbourne Country Club and several other places in town
He moved around a some
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Condolences...I bet he was a wonderful man and will leave a legacy.
no avatar
User

Dan Rentz

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:45 am

by Dan Rentz » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:33 am

Fred, I really hate hearing this! Ed was a GREAT guy and a wonderful chef. I have many fond memories of him. This is so sad for me to learn. But thanks for posting. I am comforted knowing that oneday I will see him and his wonderful mother, Mary, again. What fine people they were.
Fred, do you recall when Mary came to visit that last time? Ed asked me to be their waiter. Mary invited me to visit her in Marion, Indiana, for the James Dean festivities, knowing what a big movie fan I am. Ed took her home the next day and of all things, she passed away in her sleep of a heart attack that night. I was so shaken by her death. When Ed returned to work, I was so upset I could not talk- Ed simply grabbed my arm and said "You don't have to say a thing. I know how you feel and I appreciate it." Tonight, upon reading about Ed, I am very upset. So often chefs and waiters don't have a good rapor (sp)- Ed was wonderful. He was good at what he did and he did it with a good attitude.
Thanks for the information, Fred, and get in touch. Hope you and yours are doing fine. I talk to my new friends here about my years at Kunz's all the time.
Much love
Peace
Danny (Rentz)