Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Equus

no avatar
User

Dean Corbett

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Equus

by Dean Corbett » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 pm

I wanted everyone to know that I am making some exciting changes to the Equus menu and decor, as the popularity of Jack's lounge increases and the changing economic climate is now forefront in everyones mind, it is clear to me that some necessary changes were needed. I will be assuming the helm as Executive chef in the Equus kitchen and the price point for the new menu will be $5.00 to $19.50, with most items in the low teens. In addition to the pricing changes we have opened up the rooms a bit with new beautiful wood tables and banquettes.
We invite and encourage everyone to come by soon and sample the new menu, such items from the past will reappear such as the baby back ribs with blue cheese slaw, slow baked brisket with caramalized onions and provolone, linguini clam, and the polynesian chicken. We are going back to our roots after much reflection and look forward to serving all of our loyal patrons sn at the new Equus and of course Jack's lounge and Corbett's.
During this down time (we shall reopen next wednesday the 21st) we encourage all of our guests to visit us at Jack's lounge(same location as Equus) and try our new lounge menu at Corbett's (everything is $8.00) which features some incredible flavor combinations. For more info goto http://www.corbettsrestaurant.com
Our show Secret's Louisvile chef's live just landed the 5:30 slot on channel 7 Wed., no more after Oprah!!!!

Thank You!

Chef Deano
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Equus

by Marsha L. » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Wow, how exciting! Having just eaten for the first time at Corbett's last week, and hearing all about the burger's at Jack's - I am so there! So Jack's is open during the changeover/mini-renovation, yes?
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Elizabeth Henderson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Equus Restaurant

by Elizabeth Henderson » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi Marsha,

Yes, Jack's will be open. Please come in and try our burger or one of our other great menu options.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Just tell me the Mushroom Fume is still on the menu. 'Cause if it got eliminated, I'm gonna have to hurt someone.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Dean, I'm very interested in your new lounge menu at Corbett's but don't see it on the website. Can you elaborate on that menu?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:54 am

Leah s wrote:Just tell me the Mushroom Fume is still on the menu. 'Cause if it got eliminated, I'm gonna have to hurt someone.

Take deep breaths, Leah. The Fume is as it ever was. :)
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:52 am

Doogy R wrote:Dean, I'm very interested in your new lounge menu at Corbett's but don't see it on the website. Can you elaborate on that menu?

Go to the "links" page on the Corbett's website (shown in first post) go to the Equus link shown there. On the Equus website you'll find links to both the Equus and Jack's menus.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Paula Masoud

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:19 pm

by Paula Masoud » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 am

I remember seeing a blurb about the new Corbett's $8 apps in the Scene a couple of Saturdays ago but can't recall exactly what those dishes were. They sounded yummy, though!
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:50 am

Mark R. wrote:
Doogy R wrote:Dean, I'm very interested in your new lounge menu at Corbett's but don't see it on the website. Can you elaborate on that menu?

Go to the "links" page on the Corbett's website (shown in first post) go to the Equus link shown there. On the Equus website you'll find links to both the Equus and Jack's menus.

Mark, thanks for the advice. It's all well and good but still no lounge menu at Corbett's. I'll just PM Deano. :)
no avatar
User

Chris Howerton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:44 pm

by Chris Howerton » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Lounge Menu
~Small Bites~
$8.00
Prime Beef Sliders, Habagardil Pickles,
Mustard, Sweet Frites
~
Tempura Shrimp, Apple,
Pear & Cranberries,Micro Greens
~
Diver Scallop, Weisenberger Grits,
Country Ham & Lobster Butter
~
Chef’s Bruschetta
~
Poached Egg, Proscuitto, Brioche, Veal Reduction
~
Wild Mushroom Risotto, Winter Vegetables,
Truffle Mousse
~
Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Brown Butter,
Sage & Reggiano
~
Romaine, Ricotta, Reggiano, Focaccia Crouton
~
Foie Gras Mousse, Hazelnuts, Bourbon Syrup
~
Lump Crab Cake, Egg, Caper, Pickled Onion
~
Calamari, Three Olive Caponata, Capers,
House Hot Sauce & Balsamic Onions
~
Artichokes, Chorizo, Green Olives,
Potato, Roasted Pepper

Plus, I accommodate anything your heart desires, as long as I have it in house :!:
no avatar
User

Fred Kunz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm

by Fred Kunz » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:45 pm

Damn ... Chris it all sounds GREAT!!!
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:53 pm

I'll have one of each thank you.
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 pm

I agree with you, Mark. I'll have one of each. How could one ever choose? But, I'll have to go with a friend, cuz one of each sounds way to filling to eat all by myself. My only other option is to forego the lounge menu, and only go for lunch and the wonderful 3 course specials.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:34 pm

cbhowerton wrote:Lounge Menu

Wow!!! Little did I know that heaven is just one mile from where I reside. I don't even have to die to get there.
no avatar
User

Chris Howerton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:44 pm

by Chris Howerton » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 pm

thank you, thank you, thank you! Just remember, you can opt for anything else that I may come up with. we have had some great responses from the new dishes we created for the late winter menu.
Next