Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Furlongs of Louisville

no avatar
User

Tommy Walters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Lexington

Furlongs of Louisville

by Tommy Walters » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:21 pm

We will be opening the first week on November...In a Great Location.....

Furlongs
9601 Shelbyville Rd
Louisville, Ky. 40223

We are still in need of a Kitchen Manager/Chef as well as line cooks......

We bought the property....so you don't have to worry about job security......

I've seen several postings of stores closing or laying off ......

call me at 859-913-5611

Tommy Walters
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Furlongs of Louisville

by Steve Shade » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:50 pm

Note that this location is the old Garretts place close to Hurstbourne Lane (down the same street from the old Sears Building).

I really liked Furlongs in its previous life in Louisville. Looking forward to the new place.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:06 pm

We bought the property....so you don't have to worry about job security.....

That's not really a logical statement. Are you saying that if the restaurant loses money for years that you will keep it open just because you own the property?

To preface this, I do hope you do well. But to say it's a good location might be questionable since two other places have been there and closed. The location is somewhat off the road and does not have great visibility and sometimes hard to turn in and out of because of traffic. Again, I hope the restaurant does great and I will be out to eat there but I think sometimes people have blinders on.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:10 pm

Steve Shade wrote:Note that this location is the old Garretts place close to Hurstbourne Lane (down the same street from the old Sears Building).

I really liked Furlongs in its previous life in Louisville. Looking forward to the new place.

I love our way of giving directions here, but I wouldn't tell anyone that the old Garrett's place is just down the same street from the old Sear's building.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Frank Wheatley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:14 pm

Louisville

by Frank Wheatley » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Brian Curl wrote:We bought the property....so you don't have to worry about job security.....

That's not really a logical statement. Are you saying that if the restaurant loses money for years that you will keep it open just because you own the property?

To preface this, I do hope you do well. But to say it's a good location might be questionable since two other places have been there and closed. The location is somewhat off the road and does not have great visibility and sometimes hard to turn in and out of because of traffic. Again, I hope the restaurant does great and I will be out to eat there but I think sometimes people have blinders on.

People will find a place if it has quality/value. I am anxious for a crawfish cake.
Frank
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:05 pm

People will find a place if it has quality/value. I am anxious for a crawfish cake.

Agreed, so why did the original Furlong's close?
no avatar
User

Terry Cook

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:10 am

Louisville; East End

by Terry Cook » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:33 am

In case you weren't reading between the lines... I am going to go out on a limb here and say land owner issues played a starring role in the closing of the Furlong's on Frankfort Ave.

Having worked at the original, I can tell you it wasn't the food or service.

I personally cannot wait for the new Furlong's to open and I wish Tommy and everyone on staff the best of luck. Laissez les bon temps rouler!
no avatar
User

Rob Summers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:37 pm

by Rob Summers » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:40 pm

Steve Shade wrote:Note that this location is the old Garretts place close to Hurstbourne Lane (down the same street from the old Sears Building).

More current landmarks are always helpful, not everyone has been in Louisville for 20 years.
The 'net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it.
~William Gibson
no avatar
User

Jess T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:29 pm

by Jess T » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:59 pm

I've only been here for five years, but I think its smack dab beside the Qdoba at Shelbyville and Hurstbourne. At least that is where the old Garrett's used to be.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Rob Summers wrote:More current landmarks are always helpful, not everyone has been in Louisville for 20 years.

North side of Shelbyville Road, just a door or two east of Hurstbourne. Pretty much directly across from where India Palace still is.