Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cafe Lou Loop?

no avatar
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

Cafe Lou Loop?

by Clay Cundiff » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:49 pm

I just heard a rumor that Cafe Lou Lou is going to be taking over the space recently vacated by the Deli in Douglass Loop. (I assume as a second location.) Anybody else heard anything?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Cafe Lou Loop?

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:23 pm

Clay Cundiff wrote:I just heard a rumor that Cafe Lou Lou is going to be taking over the space recently vacated by the Deli in Douglass Loop. (I assume as a second location.) Anybody else heard anything?

I've heard some rumblings in general, nothing specific, but my best information at this point is that Cafe Lou Lou is very interested in opening a second location around town, but that anything specific about location is way premature. Lots of ducks need to be shepherded into a row before that happens. :)
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:35 pm

but...but...but...there is only ONE Marsha!!! How can you have two Lou Lou's when there is only one Marsha???? :mrgreen:

This is great news for Lou Lou! Nice to see an indie place thriving where several chains could not!
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Ryana D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 pm

by Ryana D » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 pm

I know first hand that with sister/ second restaurants the Pastry person does the prep for both locations. Then transports to the other, and show the line employees how to plate, just as they do on the Pastry Chefs days off. If done right, in all actuality it creates just a little work on the pastry person, but saves lots of money on lobar cost, prep space, and sometime equipment. I personally find this method good and very profitably.
no avatar
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:33 pm

So Lou Lou and Shiraz are both looking at that spot? The Bardstown Road restaurant stretch is getting longer and longer.

I came back last night from a concert at Headliners and drove down Bardstown Road. It's 1230 on a Wednesday night and there are throngs of people from Phoenix Hill to Eastern Parkway. Love it! We're getting to be a city!
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

by MichelleJ » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:23 am

I heard that Cafe Lou Lou rumor this weekend as well but didn't want to speak it out loud for fear of jinxing it.

Dear Cafe Lou Lou,

If you move to Douglass Loop I promise to walk up and dine with you once a week. And I'll order Marsha's sunshine cake every time.

Love,
Michelle
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:02 am

Dear Lou Lou-ers,
We are excited and pleased to announce the opening of an additional Cafe Lou Lou, located in the Douglass Loop, in the Highlands-Bardstown Road area, near the Heine Bros. We are hoping to open mid-August, if all the work crews show up on time, etc. We will have the same menu and here's the bonus, drum roll please, DELIVERY in a limited area. The new place has parking behind and across the street. There are metered parking spots in front of the store too.
In the meantime, come see us in St. Matthews...July 9 is our first birthday in this location. Can you believe how fast time flies???
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Helen and Clay

Cafe Lou Lou is located at:

106 Sears Avenue
Louisville, KY 40207
Phone: 502.893.7776
Fax: 502.893.7798
-------

I receive Cafe Lou Lou news and this was in the mail.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:04 am

Damn you Highlanders, you have all the fun- LouLou delivery. Oh how I miss delivery from good restaurants.
Great good luck to all involved in the new project.