Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Don't eat at the Rainforest Cafe in Nashville

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:05 am

Let's go eat where you'd like and just get over this. :D

Peace, love and happiness is what I am about.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:20 am

i'm not going to defend Bedford's actions,
but i do believe this thread has spun entirely far out of control and has moved on to direct verbal assault, and makes the majority of you -many of which are years my senior- appear to be more juvenile than i ever thought /hoped.

motion to delete/lock the thread?

how old do you have to be to leave "your mom" and "man boob" jokes behind you?

i'm 24 and stopped saying that shit years ago.

grow up and act like an adult and quit lowering yourselves to the level that you all have made clear in this thread that you abhor.

if you think Bedford's actions were out of line, fine.
But the recent retaliation here proves to be no more "adult" than his, and in fact is getting pretty asinine and is making more and more people look like children, by the minute.

$0.02
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:34 am

Ethan Ray wrote:i'm not going to defend Bedford's actions, but i do believe this thread has spun entirely far out of control

Others have.

Let's love the hilarity.

BTW, save your post, lest it be deleted. I had 2 deleted this evening. Of course, I can't prove it since the evidence is gone. This post will be saved.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:04 am

Doogy R wrote:
Ethan Ray wrote:i'm not going to defend Bedford's actions, but i do believe this thread has spun entirely far out of control

Others have.

Let's love the hilarity.

BTW, save your post, lest it be deleted. I had 2 deleted this evening. Of course, I can't prove it since the evidence is gone. This post will be saved.

The humor ceased about two pages ago,

and regarding the matter of deleted posts...

so be it.

delete the whole damn thread and end these juvenile antics.

Keep saving your posts in a MSword file.

Proof?
proof of what?

It's not like you couldn't post the same thing again later with a modified time-stamp.
If it's deleted once, it'll be deleted again.
so why bother saving it, unless you need a personal trophy of deleted posts that will be deleted the next time you try posting them anyway?
(seriously. think about it. what good does saving them do unless you're planning on making some sort of legal matter out of this?)

Start a blog.
You can say whatever you want there. (it saves it for you, too!)

Malicious "humor", etc. at the expense of others (whether worthy of it or not) has been said in the forum bylaws to have no place here.
Civility is long gone in this thread and has moved onto brutal mudslinging and offensive personal insult.

you guys sure convey the air of a "welcoming bunch" very well.

my compliments to the whole lot of you waving the "professional jackass" flag.

While we're at it and making fat boy and mama's boy jokes, why not go ahead and just make fun of everybody?
you can start with me, i'm a big boy... i can take it.

how about when they tables have turned on you?
how the hell would you feel?

You guys seriously are starting to make me sick with your lack of charisma, common decency and ill regard for the persons behind all the keyboards reading this forum.

The voices and attitudes expressed on this thread really live up to the outside perception that everyone living in Kentucky is a backwards ass redneck.
Well done.

So much for being adults.

Bedford may have been out of line, but you guys are taking the cheapest low blows.
You guys would be great on a political campaign trail.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:48 am

this is the first time I've ever said anything like this...

I wouldn't touch this thread with a 10 foot clown pole...
no avatar
User

Chris Hibbs

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:12 pm

by Chris Hibbs » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:03 am

My apologies to all. My intent with the picture was the intimidation factor of a grown man standing with a Pokemon. I found it to be great non sequitur humor and didn't anticipate the other directions it could go. In the future I should either be more clear or perhaps just show more discretion.
Again, I apologize for posting it.
Chris
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:15 am

Chris Hibbs wrote:My apologies to all. My intent with the picture was the intimidation factor of a grown man standing with a Pokemon. I found it to be great non sequitur humor and didn't anticipate the other directions it could go. In the future I should either be more clear or perhaps just show more discretion.
Again, I apologize for posting it.
Chris

No need to apologize, Chris. Threads take on a life of their own. And you're not responsible for the wacky responses that people come up with.
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:54 am

Doogy R wrote:
Let's love the hilarity.

Uh, well, that's the point, in that it wasn't hilarious, and it was mean-spirited, and you've yet to explain why "man boobs" was anything but inappropriate.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 am

Take a Valium if needed....frankly the OP was so annoying and displayed such an unforgivable level of ignorence that anything afterward is purely entertainment.
no avatar
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Picture

by Doug W » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:54 am

Hey - the first thing I noticed about the picture was the t-shirt - "Rainforest Cafe" now THAT was ironic!

And I was wondering just what the bird was...

Cheers,

Doug
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:00 am

I'm fully prepared to skewer Bedford from here to the nearest genuine rain forest, and his original post is fully deserving of comment and criticism. That said, "man boobs" has no place -- zilch -- in this or any other thread. That's personal, and it's egregious, and Doogy needs to answer for it and recognize it instead of feeling sorry for himself that he's occasionally edited for reasons that look increasingly like they're merited.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Craig Foster

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:16 am

by Craig Foster » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:10 am

Doogy R wrote:

Others have.

Let's love the hilarity.

I've got my tinfoil hat on while I type this sentence.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:27 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:That's personal, and it's egregious, and Doogy needs to answer for it and recognize it instead of feeling sorry for himself that he's occasionally edited for reasons that look increasingly like they're merited.

Well said. I'm about ready to ban him.
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:46 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Roger A. Baylor wrote:That's personal, and it's egregious, and Doogy needs to answer for it and recognize it instead of feeling sorry for himself that he's occasionally edited for reasons that look increasingly like they're merited.

Well said. I'm about ready to ban him.
I, for one, don't think anyone should be banned from the forum (except, perhaps, that Fred Wilhelm dude). I suggest you create a new forum category and call it the "time out" box. Kids..er..um..people that step out of line can be put "in the box" for, say, a week?? I would probably end up in the box at least once a year myself for lobbing "chain" grenades etc. Just a thought....
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:31 pm

David Clancy wrote:I, for one, don't think anyone should be banned from the forum (except, perhaps, that Fred Wilhelm dude). I suggest you create a new forum category and call it the "time out" box. Kids..er..um..people that step out of line can be put "in the box" for, say, a week?? I would probably end up in the box at least once a year myself for lobbing "chain" grenades etc. Just a thought....

Don't worry, I don't use the ban hammer much. I just said I was "about ready." That means "tempted. but hanging in there." ;)

Actually, even when somebody earns banning around here, I never consider it a lifelong penalty or capital punishment. Usually folks can earn their way back by the simple expedient of demonstrating at least some glimmer of understanding about what they did wrong.
PreviousNext