Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

AP Crafters - closed?

no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

AP Crafters - closed?

by Robin F. » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:29 pm

My nephew works at APC and he just posted on FB that they've shut down. That's all I know.
no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

Re: AP Crafters - closed?

by Tony G » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Friend of mine just drove by there and said they are loading everything in a big truck. It's closed.
no avatar
User

Sara K

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:58 pm

by Sara K » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Boyfriend got the call at 8:15 this morning prior to his shift that due to "issues with landlord" they are closing their doors as of this morning. He worked last night and said they had record sales. Maintenance issues such as leaks and floods have been an issue recently as well. At least he was given a phone call. Could of been worse.
AND my parents went by as well earlier and food and fixtures were being packed in trucks.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Landlord issues always seem to be the common excuse many times when the restaurant closes. It may be part of the problem, but Tony has another restaurant in the same complex that doesn't appear to have any problems with the landlord.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Actually, I heard he sold the Boombazz there a few months ago.
no avatar
User

Brice Westhusing

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:05 am

by Brice Westhusing » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:17 am

I have it many chances and was never too impressed. It was a nice space and seemed to be a good concept, but never hit the mark for me. The hostesses always seemed kind of bored and disinterested, spotty service. The most recent time, my wife and I were the only diners in the place. Another couple with 2 young kids comes in and they sat them right behind us! I know dining out with kids can be a challenge, but the kids were kind of rambunctious and loud, why cram two parties right next to each other in an empty restaurant? They had a pretty good selection of beer, but the prices were a little high and the sizes a little small for my liking. I wouldn't mind paying their beer prices if it came in a 16oz size, but the glasses were tiny! So overall I'm not surprised they closed, just surprised how sudden it happened. Hopefully something good goes in to replace it as it is a prime spot.
A good beer is a beer that tastes good to you.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:08 pm

I liked AP Crafter's. Casual, accessible menu, good food.. I enjoyed my experience there. Sad to hear this.
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Adam C wrote:I liked AP Crafter's. Casual, accessible menu, good food.. I enjoyed my experience there. Sad to hear this.

I agree with Adam.

I hate to see AP Crafters go. They had an ample beer selection, fair prices for tasty food, and the last time I had a burger there, it was excellent. Sorry to see them go? If there were landlord issues, maybe Tony can comment...any chance AP will re-open in a different location?

DD
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Derrick Dones wrote:I hate to see AP Crafters go. They had an ample beer selection, fair prices for tasty food, and the last time I had a burger there, it was excellent. Sorry to see them go? If there were landlord issues, maybe Tony can comment...any chance AP will re-open in a different location?

I agree with Derrick and Adam. I liked AP Crafters and gave it a decent re-review just a few months ago:

http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/ap-cr ... -and-drink

I did reach out to Tony by Email for "the rest of the story" but got no response. :cry:

Maybe I'll shoot him another query with a link to this conversation.
no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

by Will Terry » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:12 pm

AP Crafters went through three distinct phases for me:

When it opened, it was one of the best burgers I'd had ever had. They were serving big, delicious juicy burgers... heaping orders of fries, and changed the menu with decent frequency... (it was walking distance from our house and we ate (and drank) there at least once a week for the first 2 months)

After 6 monthns or so, the service took a downturn, and the burgers weren't as good.

Over the past 6 months, they had returned to good burgers (not as big, not as good) but worth a stop once a month. We had a good meal there 3 weeks ago (decent service, restaurant was busy but not crowded).

I was happy with my last meal at AP Crafters, and was looking forward to going back. I've had some wonderful meals and wonderful times there. I was sad to see it closed (I was also sad to see them using a Thrifty truck, but that's a different story).

Hopefully a newer, better restaurant goes in there... it's a good space (other than the parking)