Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Louisville restaurant week(s)?

no avatar
User

BillB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Louisville restaurant week(s)?

by BillB » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm familiar with Fleur De Licious in May, but now I've seen Facebook pages for two other restaurant weeks. Louisville Restaurant Week in January and 502 Restaurant Week in February. I'm of the opinion the more the merrier, but I was wondering what anyone might know about the latest editions. Especially since the both claim to be the "official" week. One is endorsed by "leading organizations," whatever that means.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Louisville restaurant week(s)?

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Bill, Fleur de Licious is the only "week" of that type I know of, although of course there are plenty of one-day events like Taste of Derby and Taste of Derby Festival, Taste of Frankfort Avenue, etc., almost ad infinitum.

Frankly, those new ones - especially one called "502" - sound a little iffy to me. I'd be curious to know what makes them "official."

Hmmm ... Louisville Restaurant Week's page includes such professional phrases as "stayed tuned" and "What's you favorite." Not reassuring ...

Owner of 502 is someone named Belinda Gates. Louisville Restaurant Week is silent on who runs it, although it gives their phone number, (502) 438 8579. It appears to be an effort to make bucks by selling places on its restaurant list for $30 a shot. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

BillB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 pm

by BillB » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks, Robin. They didn't look like the best to me, either. Reminded me of the out of towner lead beer events. But at least the one claiming to be"official" and endorsed by "leading organizations" gave me a chuckle.
no avatar
User

Madeline Peters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm

St Matthews

by Madeline Peters » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:08 pm

I did receive an email. So this is not an established restaurant week thing for Louisville?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Madeline Peters wrote:I did receive an email. So this is not an established restaurant week thing for Louisville?

No, not at all. All the research I've done makes it appear that they are works in progress, efforts to encourage restaurants to sign on to an event that the promoter hopes to set up and reap a profit from.