Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

The Green Door (Corydon, IN)

by Bill P » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:53 am

Interesting and somewhat "cutting edge", especially for Harrison County. I have not been there yet but my understanding it is a freewill donation establishment channeling Bon Jovi. I'll be checking the daily menu and hope to make it down there and report back. For those familiar with Corydon, it is located next door to where Magdelena's is/was. On a personal note, those dinner hours are pretty early.
http://thegreendoorcorydon.com/
no avatar
User

DanB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:47 am

San Francisco

Re: The Green Door (Corydon, IN)

by DanB » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:04 am

Probably because the guest chefs havve to get back to their regular kitchens?
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:07 am

One other thought. Although they do have an Executive/Managing Chef,it might be a challenge maintaining consistency, but what do I know. I'm just glad we have another option out this way.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:09 am

I always wondered what was behind the Green Door! (for the geezers in the audience)
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:29 pm

The executive chef is Jesse Badger- a really cool guy and restaurant pro. He was the GM at Marketplace for some time. He's a hybrid, like me- with both FOH and BOH experience.

This is a cool concept! It reminds me of a restaurant back in the day called the 'Moosewood Collective.' Very interesting, to say the least...
no avatar
User

Jamie O

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:55 pm

highlands

by Jamie O » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Stephen D wrote:The executive chef is Jesse Badger- a really cool guy and restaurant pro. He was the GM at Marketplace for some time. He's a hybrid, like me- with both FOH and BOH experience.

This is a cool concept! It reminds me of a restaurant back in the day called the 'Moosewood Collective.' Very interesting, to say the least...

The same Jesse Badger that worked at Ramsi's? 27ish Dark haired .......anyhoo Indiana sucks.. I grew up next to corydon.. ugggh. Glad to know there is more to do than meth out there now 8)
jamie's 14k Cupcakes
938 Baxter ave.
Lou, KY 40204
(502)365-1440
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Jamie O wrote:. I grew up next to corydon.. ugggh. Glad to know there is more to do than meth out there now 8)

Insulting to those of us who live here and like it. If this remark was intended to be humorous, don't quit your day job, because it was not funny and from the sound of it you still have some growing up to do..
Last edited by Bill P on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Jesse Badger

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:56 am

by Jesse Badger » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Pretty busy, so I'll try and address this all in one go.

That would be the same Jesse Badger, Jamie. I stopped by your shop to say hello a couple weeks ago, but you weren't there and Pam didn't recognize me so I just bought a cupcake and left.

Dinner hours will be extended and informally already have been. Just call and make a reservation and ask for later times and we should be able to accommodate you. Lunch hours are also going to run later.

Consistency is something that I've definitely been thinking about. So far the best approach is to only work with people who I know personally or who come recommended by people I trust. We'll be having our first guest chefs from Louisville in the coming weeks, so we'll see how it goes. Considering the guys we have coming in I don't think it will be a problem at all.

Thanks for saying nice things about me, Stephen. The check is in the mail.
no avatar
User

Jamie O

{ RANK }

Foodie

highlands

by Jamie O » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Bill P wrote:
Jamie O wrote:. I grew up next to corydon.. ugggh. Glad to know there is more to do than meth out there now 8)

Insulting to those of us who live here and like it. If this remark was intended to be humorous, don't quit your day job, because it was not funny and from the sound of it you still have some growing up to do..

Oh come on, Lighten up. First of all, you know nothing about me. I made a general statement about a city ( The same way ky fans bust chops on Uof l fans) It was not a personal attack on you. I am a 29 yr old woman, I own my own business, a damn good mother to a beautiful 4 yr old son and serve as a co chair for a charitble event that brings in over $300,000. yeah, I'm real immature. I work very hard and am a very level headed well rounded person. It was a joke. Your right, I do have some growing to do. I will always be growing, I will always be evolving into something better than what I was previously.....unlike Indiana...... :wink: .......j/k
jamie's 14k Cupcakes
938 Baxter ave.
Lou, KY 40204
(502)365-1440
no avatar
User

Jamie O

{ RANK }

Foodie

highlands

by Jamie O » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Jesse Badger wrote:Pretty busy, so I'll try and address this all in one go.

That would be the same Jesse Badger, Jamie. I stopped by your shop to say hello a couple weeks ago, but you weren't there and Pam didn't recognize me so I just bought a cupcake and left.

Aww, sorry I missed you Jesse.
jamie's 14k Cupcakes
938 Baxter ave.
Lou, KY 40204
(502)365-1440
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:10 pm

I try to post something about what I perceive as a positive happening in my "home area" and find the town being poked fun at (giving benefit of the doubt), if not ridiculed. I will indeed lighten up and also give up on y'all.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Bill P wrote:I try to post something about what I perceive as a positive happening in my "home area" and find the town being poked fun at (giving benefit of the doubt), if not ridiculed. I will indeed lighten up and also give up on y'all.

I'm glad you posted about the Green Door, Bill. It sounds well worth the short drive; and I expect Jesse's work doubles that down.

I do feel you're taking Jamie's comments too personally, though. She grew up there and felt constrained and wanted out. That's fair, for her. I don't see that her decision to leave unhappy memories behind translates as an insult on a place you choose to love, though. Different strokes, that's all.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Marilyn Chambers eats there.
no avatar
User

Ryan Rogers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:28 am

Louisville, KY

by Ryan Rogers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Stephen D wrote:The executive chef is Jesse Badger- a really cool guy and restaurant pro.

+1
Feast BBQ - New Albany, IN & Louisville, KY
Royals Hot Chicken
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Mark Head wrote:Marilyn Chambers eats there.

She eats behind the green door
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
Next