Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

AP Crafters wine Phoenix Hill's Best Wings contest

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:50 pm

AP CRAFTERS KITCHEN & BAR WINS BEST WINGS CONTEST

Louisville, KY-- Several local restaurants brought their best wings to compete for the title of best overall, best sauce, most original, and best presentation at the second annual "WING FEST 2011” competition at Phoenix-Hill Tavern

From 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. hundreds of guests were able to taste wings from several local restaurants including Buffalo Wild Wings, AP Crafters, Joe’s Older then Dirt, Shack in the Back and Kilimanjaro Foods and vote for their favorites.

AP Crafters won Best overall, Best Sauce, Best Presentation and Most Original.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: AP Crafters wine Phoenix Hill's Best Wings contest

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Have tried about half of them, and when we want wings we still head out to Rooties! We were there Sat night, and they were as good as ever.

I do have a question for other Rootie lovers: I've never tried the hot wings; the BBQ are so great that I've never ordered any other kind (as far as wings - when you order a "medium-rare" burger the chef understands the meaning of "medium-rare"!).

Should I go for the hot, or stick with the BBQ?
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Tried the wings at "Crafters" not long after they opened...they weren't bad but they certainly can't hold a candle to Rooties. I've tried to talk Marty (Rooties) into participating in a couple of these "Wing-offs" and he just chuckles.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Tony P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:32 am

by Tony P. » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks to our terrific staff and the 600 people who voted for us! We will see you next year.