Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

drakes at the summit soon to open

no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: drakes at the summit soon to open

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 am

Drove past the Shelbyville Rd Drakes last weekend, and the bouncers were managing a line stretching around the building!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:29 am

I went once and was not a fan. It is far from a restaurant or bar scene after 9:00, more like a night/dance club. The bouncers were some of the biggest, power- tripping, pricks I’ve ever seen and Guinness is $6 a pint. I’d planned on trying some food, but the place was so packed I didn’t even attempt to eat. Even if I could have found a table, it would have been surrounded by 5-6 dancing strangers. I don't know if the Summit location will have the same atmosphere, but the St. Matthews location is a no-go for me.

On the positive side, the beer selection is pretty good, they have shuffle board, and the open keg cooler is pretty neat.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Brian Taylor Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 am

Louisville, Ky

by Brian Taylor Clark » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:37 am

i went at around 7:00 on a Friday and there wasn't a place to park for miles. Beer selection was good, it was a little too much of a meat market for me though. Nice building, great beer selection, reminded me of Jillian's with no video games. I had a good time there, while I wouldn't go often, it is what it is.
Brian Taylor Clark
Real Estate Agent-Semonin Realtors-502-558-1441
Specializing in Investment Property/Client Sales in the Highlands, Germantown, Crescent Hill, and St. Matthews
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Bardstown Road has been pretty enjoyable lately, seeing how it's now hip to hang out in St. Matthews.

It's now just me and the other squares.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:12 pm

As has already been said, it was jam packed when I went and way too expensive for drinks. I've never seen the attraction to places like this. What sucks is that this place has a line around the block and Dutch's Tavern (a few doors down) had to shut it's doors from lack of interest.
no avatar
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

by Chris M » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:29 pm

From what I understand Dutch's was a landlord/lease issue and not a business/financial one.

Yes?
no avatar
User

Geoff Wilkinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:45 pm

by Geoff Wilkinson » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Chris M wrote:From what I understand Dutch's was a landlord/lease issue and not a business/financial one.

Yes?

That's the way I heard it... Landlord significantly increased the rate upon lease renewal, so Dutch's left. Normally that scenario means that the landlord has someone they want to get in that space. I've already heard two concepts - one from ATL & one from Nashville - that want the space. No landlord (in their right mind) would boot a 40 year tenant unless they had a plan.

My two cents.
Search all commercial real estate opportunities in Louisville at http://www.LouisvilleCommercialRealty.com
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Geoff Wilkinson wrote:
Chris M wrote:From what I understand Dutch's was a landlord/lease issue and not a business/financial one.

Yes?

That's the way I heard it... Landlord significantly increased the rate upon lease renewal, so Dutch's left. Normally that scenario means that the landlord has someone they want to get in that space. I've already heard two concepts - one from ATL & one from Nashville - that want the space. No landlord (in their right mind) would boot a 40 year tenant unless they had a plan.

My two cents.

My guess:
Beer Sellar or Flying Saucer
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

by Rob Coffey » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 am

David R. Pierce wrote:
Geoff Wilkinson wrote:

Yes?

My two cents.

My guess:

Any chance the ATL one is Taco Mac [Note: not a taco place]?
no avatar
User

Matt C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

clifton

by Matt C » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:56 am

most club scene people only go to the hottest new club till the next hottest new club opens sounds like drakes but iv only driven by and noticed the bouncers looked like mr olympia contenders
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 am

Sounds like it would be a nice addition to Fourth St. Live. :lol:
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:59 pm

About as exciting as a sore bunion.
no avatar
User

Geoff Wilkinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:45 pm

by Geoff Wilkinson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:09 am

David R. Pierce wrote:
Geoff Wilkinson wrote:

Yes?

My two cents.

My guess:

I've heard so many rumors from fellow brokers... But I haven't heard Taco Mac... yet.
Search all commercial real estate opportunities in Louisville at http://www.LouisvilleCommercialRealty.com