Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

Re: FREE LUNCH for HotBytes gang tomorrow at AP Crafters

by Mark Head » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:30 pm

I work for a living. All this leisurely lunch stuff is breaking my heart. :cry:
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Robin Garr wrote:You're not talking about us, are ya? :oops: We acknowledged your presence ... ;)

Hmmmm....Thinking back on the moment, I suppose maybe you did :? 8)

aaaaaElizabeth_QueensWave.jpg
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Mark Head wrote:I work for a living. All this leisurely lunch stuff is breaking my heart. :cry:

I work for a living, on a flexible schedule. We left here at 11:40 and I was back at my desk at 1:20. Executive lunch, I guess, but I'm paying for it on deadline this afternoon. :P
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Steve P wrote:Hmmmm....Thinking back on the moment, I suppose maybe you did :? 8)

I love the way my old uniform still fits so well ...
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Like Steve said we went about 1:00 and met a friend for lunch. Again like Steve we ate way too much because we wanted to try various items on the menu.

For appetizers we shared the pretzels with beer cheese and the poutaine. While I've had beer cheese and pretzel before their version was the best I've ever had, both the textures and flavors were great. I've never had poutaine before so I have nothing to compare it to. It was very good although probably not something we will order on a regular basis, mainly because it's so filling.

For entrees we had the Portobello burger, morning after burger and the Dixie Dinner open face sandwich. As others have said the burgers were made from a great combination of meats and cooked perfectly, both the ones we tried were well liked. The Dixie Dinner sandwich was huge and certainly much more food than what you would expect for a sandwich. It was a very unique blend of different flavors that combined created a very nice meal.

For sides we each again had something different. The berries and fruit bowl was a very nice accompaniment especially after the heavy appetizers and burger. Everything was very fresh, ripe and flavorful. The sweet potato fries were quite good although we didn't particularly like the Zip that is served with them. The coleslaw was also very good, one of the things that raised it up above most was the texture. The cabbage is hand cut instead of machine shredded, it was cut quite fine but had a more fluffy texture than most coleslaw.

The staff was also very accommodating, we have a trainee, Rose who was accompanied by her trainer, Richard. They were both quite knowledgeable and friendly and provided excellent service but were not intrusive while providing their service. Tim, the GM was also very friendly and appreciative of the members of Hotbytes who came in today. I think he was also quite surprised with members paying!

Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and we will certainly be back!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Tony P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:32 am

by Tony P. » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks to all that came for Lunch, we appreciate you giving us a try!

Best, Tony
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Tony P. wrote:Thanks to all that came for Lunch, we appreciate you giving us a try!

Best, Tony

I think quite a few of us came but felt like we ought to pay you for what we enjoyed, Tony. As far as Mary and I were concerned, it was good stuff.
no avatar
User

Tony P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:32 am

by Tony P. » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Tony P. wrote:Thanks to all that came for Lunch, we appreciate you giving us a try!

Best, Tony

I think quite a few of us came but felt like we ought to pay you for what we enjoyed, Tony. As far as Mary and I were concerned, it was good stuff.

Thank You Robin!
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Just had a nice lunch there today. I really like the decor. I had the classic burger and it was very good. Nice staff too.
Will Crawford
Previous