Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

InFusion Indian Cafe

no avatar
User

Glenn G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:59 am

InFusion Indian Cafe

by Glenn G » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Well, it's not so much a cafe as it is a lunch counter.

I checked it out on a recommendation from a colleague with a co-worker today. It's located in the Shell gas station across Blankenbaker from Southeast Christian. It's just a little counter, but all of the dishes are homemade by a lovely woman from Hyderabad.

The menu is a fusion between American and Indian, like paneer subs and chicken tandoori pizza. The most expensive thing on the entire menu is $3.89, so it's a great place to grab a quick and tasty bite during lunch.

I had the chili paneer served with naan and raita (she also threw in a free sample of mango lassi). The dish was flavorful and spicy - just what you'd expect from good Indian food.

I don't think there's a menu available online, but the counter is open from 11 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. She also let us know that she caters.

Check it out!
Last edited by Glenn G on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: InFusion Indian Cafe

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Glenn, what a great find! Thanks for posting ... now I'm trying to figure how soon I can get my passport in order to get out that way.
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Original Highlands

by Michele Cull » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Just get a work visa like I have!
MissChele
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Michele Cull wrote:Just get a work visa like I have!

I don't need no steenkin' green card ... 8)
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Glenn, what a great find! Thanks for posting ... now I'm trying to figure how soon I can get my passport in order to get out that way.

We're not checking papers, but you do have to pay a $.10 "tax" and undergo a Backscatter X-ray scan.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:59 pm

I stopped in and tried the tandoori chicken and the masala chicken. Big helpings of rice, naan bread, and each dish was less than $4! This is a jewel you guys, just off 64, north on Blankenbaker, on your right in the Shell station. Worth getting your passport for I think.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:07 pm

I visited last week and tried the chili chicken, which was quite good (although I suspect some people might prefer it to be a little spicier). The woman running the place was very nice, offering me several samples while I decided what to order. She said she's trying to get an InFusion sign put up outside, which ought to bring in more business.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:05 pm

They got BBQ?
no avatar
User

Adam Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:42 pm

by Adam Smith » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Awesome find! I pass that place everyday on my way to/from work. Looks like I found a lunch spot for tomorrow.