Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

French restaurant update?

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

French restaurant update?

by James Natsis » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 am

Does anyone know what happened to the French restaurant project that was discussed a number of months ago in this forum? It was a french guy named Louis who was exploring several locations. This city is certainly lacking in bona fide French restaurants.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

Re: French restaurant update?

by Mark Head » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:35 am

This town needs a really good French bistro....duck confit anyone?

Les Relais is trying to be half bistro - half upscale French restaurant; while it remains very good (had dinner there Tuesday night in fact) I really wish they would go back to the old formula.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:41 pm

James Natsis wrote: It was a french guy named Louis who was exploring several locations. This city is certainly lacking in bona fide French restaurants.

I may very well be a cynic, but after about the third report of another location, I began to wonder if Louis is ever going to find a place that suits him. It could be that this kind of perfectionism will yield a great eatery at some point, but ...
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
James Natsis wrote: It was a french guy named Louis who was exploring several locations. This city is certainly lacking in bona fide French restaurants.

I may very well be a cynic, but after about the third report of another location, I began to wonder if Louis is ever going to find a place that suits him. It could be that this kind of perfectionism will yield a great eatery at some point, but ...

I was kindda thinking the same thing but was hoping to find a response to the contrary....help...... someone........
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Scott Rudd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 am

St. Matthews

by Scott Rudd » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:25 pm

I meet with Louis a week or so ago. He is still trying to find a location that suits his needs. The few he picked out do not work for his needs.
Scott W. Rudd-Restaurant Design
Chef Supply
"We Supply the Pros"
502-693-0636
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Scott Rudd wrote:I meet with Louis a week or so ago. He is still trying to find a location that suits his needs. The few he picked out do not work for his needs.

Could you talk about his needs, Scott, or invite Louis to join the forum? He might be able to pick up some good suggestions from engaging in conversation here.