Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Limestone Restaurant

no avatar
User

DWhite

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Limestone Restaurant

by DWhite » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:46 pm

While I love the food at Limestone the service leaves much to be desired. The last time I was there I ordered a bottle of wine with a screw top cap. I could not believe it when the very inattentive server asked me if I wanted to smell the cap.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

Re: Limestone Restaurant

by Brian Curl » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:56 pm

:lol:
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:58 pm

How is that inattentive?
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:11 pm

ok but did you tell the server, did you tell the bus boy, did you tell Mgmt, did you send and email, did you send a certified letter via USPS before you posted this complaint on LHB? That's the new standard before you can complain. :lol:
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:21 pm

DWhite wrote:While I love the food at Limestone the service leaves much to be desired. The last time I was there I ordered a bottle of wine with a screw top cap. I could not believe it when the very inattentive server asked me if I wanted to smell the cap.

Service leaves much to be desired because the server asked if you wanted to smell the cap; or were there other issues?

The service has been good everytime I've visited Limestone.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Now, I've always found the service at Limestone to be very on cue.....but I must admit I got a good belly laugh off of smelling the cap.....OY :mrgreen:
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Welcome to the forum, D. That's of cute story of server inexperience.

I'm sure the management saw something in the individual that makes them believe that person will develop into a great captain. Take one down the flank!

:D
no avatar
User

Will Gaines

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:32 am

Louisville

by Will Gaines » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:37 pm

I have never had a bad experience at Limestone, and I know that quality and service are taken very seriously. The last time I was there at lunch I believe the chef/owner's wife was working as the hostess (or so my acquantance who is a regular tells me). She inquired twice about our experience - once while dining and again as we left. This is certainly something you should have spoken to management about if it bothered you.
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:37 am

I say consistency is key, will you get the same experience if you order a 22oz. bottle of Coke?

Ahh, 2010, a good year for high fructose corn syrup...

:lol:
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Will Gaines wrote:I have never had a bad experience at Limestone, and I know that quality and service are taken very seriously. The last time I was there at lunch I believe the chef/owner's wife was working as the hostess (or so my acquantance who is a regular tells me). She inquired twice about our experience - once while dining and again as we left. This is certainly something you should have spoken to management about if it bothered you.

Yup, she's a wonderful person and does a great job of taking care of their guests.

I'm a broken record on Limestone on this board. It's one of my favorite places. Spotty service during lunch is occasionally an issue, but rarely. Never have had a bad experience at night when they really are focused.
no avatar
User

Adam Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:42 pm

by Adam Smith » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:57 pm

My birthday dinner at Limestone in 09 is one of my top five dining experiences. Amazing food and service in my experience.