Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Burning Bush Grille

no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

Burning Bush Grille

by Ed Vermillion » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:59 pm

I love local new restaurants. In my neck of the woods we need variety. But heed my warning as your mortal dining soul is in peril!

There is a dish at The Burning Bush Grille that will haunt your dreams, give you night sweats and will place your ability to function as a rational member of society in peril.

First and foremost: Burning Bush Grille is a Mediterranean Cafe with alot to offer you.......and it is all very good.

Vegetarian dish like Salsa Shirazi, Hummus, Lavash Roll and Burning Bush Bruschette, Eggplant, Quinoa, Smoked basmati rice, fire roasted sweet corn and sweet potato fries.

Then you have some outstanding salads of Greek, House and Grilled Salmon. You can get gyro meat or grilled chicken on those salads if that appeals to you.

Grilled over oak charcoal are the Kebabs: Ground Beef, Vegetable, Chicken and Steak. They have Kebab Plates of Mahi, Salmon, Shrimp and Lamb.

They also have Kombo Kebabs of Double Ground Beef, Chicken and Ground Beef, Steak & Chicken and a Family Platter with a Steak, Chicken and 2 vegetable kebabs.

Hot Sandwiches include Quinoa Lavanini, Gyro and a Balkan Burger with a blend of ground beef, pork, lamb, garlic and onion in a pita with the works.

Wraps include a Veggi, Gyro, Chipotle Chicken and Salmon.

But the dish I must warn you about is the Mediterranean Pizza titled Chipotle Chicken.

Avoid it unless you don't mind reliving the lyrics of the Steely Dan tune "Dr. Wu": "Don't seem right, I've been strung out here all night, I've been waiting for the taste you said you'd bring to me."

The Chipotle Chicken Pizza is a cracker thin crust of diced grilled chicken on a smoked chipotle base with diced tomatoes, scallions, quinoa and crumbled feta cheese. It will make you ignore all your bills, your family, your reputation and your waistline.

Long live the Burning Bush but beware: You saw what happened to Moses after he got the recipe.

Burning Bush Grille Mediterranean Cafe
13206 West U.S. Highway 42 Suite 108
Prospect, KY 40059
(502)228-7776

Welcome to the neighborhood, Mike. Hook me up!
no avatar
User

Ron Taglieri

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm

Re: Burning Bush Grille

by Ron Taglieri » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:52 am

Have to agree with every comment made, though I have yet to try the pizza.

The gyros, kebobs and greek salad are all outstanding. Also, very reasonably priced and nice dining room that has both booths and tables. Last, excellent family place in Oldham County that offers ethnic selection.

Believe it will be very successful out there as neighborhood needs more dining options.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:09 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:... But the dish I must warn you about is the Mediterranean Pizza titled Chipotle Chicken. ...

The Chipotle Chicken Pizza is a cracker thin crust of diced grilled chicken on a smoked chipotle base with diced tomatoes, scallions, quinoa and crumbled feta cheese. It will make you ignore all your bills, your family, your reputation and your waistline. ...

Verrrrrrry interesting! I had this identical dish at Shiraz Holiday Manor last month. They said it was a special that they were trying out and considering adding to the menu. I wonder where they got that idea ...
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:58 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Ed Vermillion wrote:... But the dish I must warn you about is the Mediterranean Pizza titled Chipotle Chicken. ...

The Chipotle Chicken Pizza is a cracker thin crust of diced grilled chicken on a smoked chipotle base with diced tomatoes, scallions, quinoa and crumbled feta cheese. It will make you ignore all your bills, your family, your reputation and your waistline. ...

Verrrrrrry interesting! I had this identical dish at Shiraz Holiday Manor last month. They said it was a special that they were trying out and considering adding to the menu. I wonder where they got that idea ...

If I remember the story correctly, the owner of Burning Bush was the guy who ran the Shiraz out at English Station. When that one closed and he couldn't get the space over near Kroger that was long rumored, he wanted to open a Shiraz out in Oldham County. THey said no so he went his own way and opened Burning Bush. No telling whose idea the dish in question was but it wouldn't be surprising given both the style of food and the former partnership that there would be quite a bit of crossover on the menus. Either way, it sounds like a great place!
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Great News! Mike is staying open until 9:30 PM on Friday and Saturday nights. They are tweaking the menu with customer input on some items. They have added a bison burger and you can get the greek salad with your choice of gyro, ground beef or chicken. There are several vegetarian options. They will customize things to your taste. We've been eating there alot and find the food and service outstanding. Stop by and see the very friendly staff.
no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Been to the Burning Bush Grille twice in the last couple of weeks and have to give it a thumbs up. Great gyro that was fresh and tasty. I had their eggplant which a different style from most baba ganoush recipes I've had - this was more along the lines of an eggplant salsa. It was smokey and chunky with a touch of warm spice - really quite good. The pizza was less to my liking but thats a style preference - it was fresh and well done.

If you are in Prospect/Goshen - I recommend.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:59 am

So.......you're down to the end of the doner kebab roll and you can't shave off any more tasty slices. What do you do with that little roll of tasty goodness? You slice it up and make Philly Gyro out of it! Think Philly cheesesteak meets gyro minus the lettuce. Grilled onions and peppers, cheese and a dab of chipolte mayo round it out. Mike has 3 different kinds of bread he is serving gyros on and each one brings a little something extra to the mix. Bison burgers are now on the menu with the Balkan burger. Greek salad with gyro meat is perfect for this heat.