Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Dish on Market

User

NDDuncan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: Dish on Market

by NDDuncan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:23 am

Dave Nelson wrote:Day two guys... come on...

I hear ya :wink: !!!

You guys know what you're doing and the menu sounds great! Can't wait to check it out.
Nancy Duncan
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:Any idea when you'll have a website up?

www.dishonmarket.com
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Dave Nelson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:44 am

Original Highlands

by Dave Nelson » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Could not have said it better. Dan Thomas, you are the man!! Thank You Chef!
no avatar
User

Fred Kunz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm

by Fred Kunz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Good Luck with your venture ....you might want to contact KICC and get on their e-mail list of conventions they were very helpful when we had Kunz's Fourth & Market I don't know who's still there if i can be of any help let me know ...You might want to check with the Galt House and Marriott and see what they have booked that being the two major convention hotels in the area...
Sometimes the small conventions can sneak up on you ...
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Just a question on the menu. The soda's, teas are listed at two dollars. The coffee is listed with milk and juices at 2.50. I'm not sure if that is correct or a misprint?
User

Carolyne Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:22 am

by Carolyne Davis » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:11 am

I think the menu sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to try it! As a matter of fact, I may walk there for lunch today! .....as someone who lives in downtown (I am walking distance) - I would love it if you would consider Saturday and Sunday hours as well. Toast on Market is too far to walk to for a great weekend breakfast and you guys would be perfect! Maybe do like 7 - 2 or something???? Weekend breakfast options are sorely lacking (I am excluding the hotels here). I hope you are a ravishing success! :-)
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Just a quick note - I went with a colleague for lunch today, and all was good. The food was great and the service was attentive. The price is right on, too - two lunches, with tip, for under $20. We were in and out in under an hour despite it being fairly busy.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Anderson Grissom

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:18 am

Downtown

by Anderson Grissom » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:04 am

Brian Curl wrote:Just a question on the menu. The soda's, teas are listed at two dollars. The coffee is listed with milk and juices at 2.50. I'm not sure if that is correct or a misprint?

Yes Brian, the menu is correct. We are serving Sunergos coffee which I feel is some of the best in the city. I really wanted to splurge on several aspects of the restaurant, coffee being one of them. On top of using really great coffee, we also have the drop (amount of beans ground per brew) set very high thus using about double the amount of most.

We also have two excellent teas to offer, Peach Mango and regular, I drink a lot of the Peach Mango. :D

Anderson Grissom
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:45 am

Thanks for the feedback. I know the food cost would be much higher on the Sunergos cup of coffee compared to Soda/Tea. Just from a consumer standpoint, 2.50 is expensive for a cup of joe.

However, Wild Eggs coffee pricing is $2.50 also. Toast doesn't have their coffee price listed on their website.

I guess I'm just getting old and think coffee should be .99 cents like it used to be :oops:
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:23 pm

I don't think $2.50 is expensive for a cup of coffee at all, and I've noticed a lot of places pricing their coffee ahead of regular beverages because their not serving crap. Also - it's not always "a cup" of coffee - if you're in house, it's usually "cups". Sunergos is delicious.
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

by David Lange » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Had lunch today with 2 of my co-workers and it was a great experience. Leo and I had burgers and Gina had the chicken salad sandwich. Good food, attentive service and a really cool place to have lunch. It's really close to our office, so we shall return soon. Looks like they have a very varied menu and breakfast, which is my favorite. Great job Anderson!!
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
no avatar
User

Michelle F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:11 pm

by Michelle F » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Do they serve breakfast all day? If they do, that would be really sweet. Not many restaurants do here! I like to go out for breakfast, but at times miss the 10am cut off ;). Yes I like to sleep in lol. I work late!
User

Dave Nelson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:44 am

Original Highlands

by Dave Nelson » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:44 pm

We serve breakfast throughout lunch service. :D
no avatar
User

Michelle F