Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Are we having fun yet?

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Are we having fun yet?

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:01 am

As posted on the old forum:

As we approach 100 registered members on the new forum (already!), and hearing virtually no complaints other than the IT Nanny Filter issue - which may be resolved with the alternate URL - I'm thinking that we might be in a position to pack 'em up and herd 'em over pretty soon.

Accordingly, if you haven't yet signed on to the new forum and are viewing this as a "guest," please hit "Register" and sign on.

And if you still feel you have strong reasons to wish we wouldn't change, please speak up with them so your arguments can be heard, although at this point it seems like a near unanimous majority is speaking loud and clear.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:57 am

<---------- Having fun.

wooo.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Kara Lewis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:34 am

Louisville, KY

by Kara Lewis » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:26 pm

Woohoo! The sneaky method worked! I'm "in like Flynn" and inspired to contribute more instead of just lurking.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:29 pm

Kara Lewis wrote:Woohoo! The sneaky method worked! I'm "in like Flynn" and inspired to contribute more instead of just lurking.

Hooray! Thanks for letting us know, Kara! I hope this workaround will solve the problem for the other people who work for tyrannical employers, too. ;)

Meanwhile, "Look for ... the union label ... "
User

Craig Foster

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:16 am

by Craig Foster » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:39 pm

This format is sooooooooo much better.
User

RebeccaWebb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

Lexington, KY

by RebeccaWebb » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:16 pm

Congrats Robin -- you have over 100 members in just a couple of days!! It is fun seeing everyone trying the new format and seeing personalities come out via the avatars and other bells and whistles!

Thanks again ... this will be fun!
Rebecca Phillips Webb
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

clunk, bang, trip, 'scuse me, blush, fumble.....Is this thin

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Mother of pearl! This looks like something I've seen before! I may figger this new fangled doohickey out yet.......pardon my mess while I learn to drive this thing :oops:
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:55 pm

This is just lovely on my new Blackberry 8700. Full functionality as well. Cool.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Charles W. wrote:This is just lovely on my new Blackberry 8700. Full functionality as well. Cool.

Give me the weekend, Charles, and I'll try to set up an alternate "style" that you can switch to for the Blackberry, and you'll love it even more - less paging down because the page format is much simpler.
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:07 pm

How long until I inspire a rant on this baord? :P