Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Re: Burgoo Throwdown

by Bill Veneman » Fri May 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Mark B wrote:
Carol C wrote:What are we doing about the burgoo throwdown? Is it a go????

I do not think it will be a go this year. I started too late and was not organized well enough, sorry.
I will try earlier in the year next year. Once again I apologize for stirring the pot and not adding anything.

It's okay, Mark. Your effort is appreciated. Burgoo is a real project, and I know that after making noises about entering with my grandfather's recipe, I realized there's no way I was going to have that kind of time.

We're about due for a big offline or throwdown, though ... it's been a while, and with summer coming up, some kind of a gathering would be fun.

Hey, you know I was just thinking the same thing while driving into town this morning.....If somebody want's to come up with the idea, I'll play point on it. It's about my turn again, if I figure correctly! :wink:
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Fri May 21, 2010 3:23 pm

Bill Veneman wrote:
Hey, you know I was just thinking the same thing while driving into town this morning.....If somebody want's to come up with the idea, I'll play point on it. It's about my turn again, if I figure correctly! :wink:

We're tentatively planning a Cookout/BBQ get together at our house later this summer for the forum regulars...Right now the target dates is Labor Day weekend . So if someone plans something PLEASE don't make it BBQ centric.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Steve P wrote:We're tentatively planning a Cookout/BBQ get together at our house later this summer for the forum regulars...Right now the target dates is Labor Day weekend . So if someone plans something PLEASE don't make it BBQ centric.

Noted! :)
no avatar
User

TrishaW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

by TrishaW » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:48 pm

I didn't make it to Owensboro last month to get my yearly fix of burgoo.
Previous