Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!

Welcome to Kentucky Party

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Welcome to Kentucky Party

by Gayle DeM » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 pm

On Sunday, April 25 from 6:00 to 9:00, I would like to host a small party at my home to welcome Steve A and Barbara to Kentucky. (The date and time have been cleared with Steve and Barbara.) I would appreciate it if those coming would supply a tasty addition to the festivities as has been the case with the other parties that I have hosted. Since this is at my home, I will have to close the invitation if the crowd numbers more than thirty. Please respond with a PM. When you respond, I will send you a PM with directions. -gayle
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

Re: Welcome to Kentucky Party

by Steve A » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:05 am

I'd like to thank Gayle so much for hosting the party and welcoming us into her home. She is a most gracious host.

It was great meeting the forumites who could attend, and we look forward to getting together with all y'all (did I do that right?) for many more years of offlines to come.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:31 am

It was a lovely evening and I really enjoyed meeting Barbara and Steve. I hope there will be many more off-lines where we can continue to get to know you both better. In the mean time, welcome to Louisville!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:19 pm

What a nice gathering! Very much enjoyed, and look forward to our next gathering!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Barbara A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:45 pm

St. Matthews

by Barbara A » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Gayle thank you very much for such a lovely evening and thank you to all for coming by to help us put faces to names. It was great fun and we do look very forward to many more get togethers.
If you can't cope you can always cook
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Gayle's parties are always very great. She is a superb host.Unfortunately I had to beg off because of being sick. I get sick once or twice a year at the most and it picked Sunday. I was looking forward, as an old Steve to meeting a new Steve and Barbara.

To make matters worse, I had to miss a T ball game for a four year old. If you have never seen the first or second game of these rugrats, you have missed the best comedy in the world.

Steve and Barbara, I welcome a new Steve to Louisville.

Steve Shade
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers