Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Sturkey's

Moderator: Robin Garr

no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Sturkey's

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:06 pm

I just heard that Paul Sturkey was "forced" to sell both Sturkey's and his other chain, and now just has a new restaurant (Moss?) . . . what happened? Is the new one as good as his others were?

We loved all of his places (especially Sturkey's), and always hit at least one when traveling through Cincy . . . WHAT HAPPENED?
User

RebeccaWebb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

Lexington, KY

by RebeccaWebb » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:15 pm

I don't know the details of the change in ownership, but I do know that Paul Sturkey hasn't owned Stiurkey's since last October.

The executive chef and sous chef are still the same last we talked.

Paul Sturkey opened "Mesh" and that is all I know.
Rebecca Phillips Webb
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu May 03, 2007 4:54 pm

MESH is his multi-million dollar dream restaurant that he opened in Westchester. It has failed to live up to expectations.
no avatar
User

looi

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:23 pm

by looi » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:24 pm

why do youthink was the reason it did not live up to his expectation?
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:17 pm

I am not sure that it didn't meet HIS expectations, but it has largely failed to meet many diners' expectations. I say that based primarily on the fact that it is one of the most, if not the most, expensive restaurant in town. That's fine, but it raises the bar for peoples' expectations. By many accounts, the service and food quality have not matched those prices or the opulent surroundings. That being said, the place was new when those reports surfaced, and Paul Sturkey is the kind of chef who could turn things around. I hope he has.
no avatar
User

looi

{ RANK }

Foodie

by looi » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:49 am

Thanks Ron for the input. I have been to MESH for lunch/dinner and the place is beautiful and tastefully planned. Food was beautifully executed too. The steak place close by is doing excellent business.

The reeason for my interest in the area is because I am planning a location just round the corner from Mesh. Construction will commence soon and it will be a 'marriage' of Asiatique and August Moon. It will be called ASIATIQUE BISTRO and LOUNGE.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:55 pm

I am very excited to hear that you will be expanding to the Cincinnati area, although selfishly I wish that you were coming to the downtown or Northern Kentucky area since that's where I am.

Anyway, please keep me posted on the progress of opening your new place, and I will do my best to get the word out among the Cincinnati foodies.
no avatar
User

looi

{ RANK }

Foodie

by looi » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:00 am

I sure will Ron as I need all the help I can get since I am going out of Louisville and Kentucky