Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

Cozza Osteria and Enoteca

by Clay Cundiff » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:44 am

Spotted a new sign up on Court Street in Jeffersonville at the location that used to (briefly) house one of the later locations of Timothy's. Did not appear to be open yet. Anybody heard anything about this place?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Cozza Osteria and Enoteca

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:13 am

Clay Cundiff wrote:Spotted a new sign up on Court Street in Jeffersonville at the location that used to (briefly) house one of the later locations of Timothy's. Did not appear to be open yet. Anybody heard anything about this place?

No, but the name sounds almost too authentic to be a pizzeria or spaghetti-and-meatballs joint. Definitely eager to know more about this one.
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:23 am

That's kind of what I was thinking. Here's hoping it's the real deal.
no avatar
User

Alison Hanover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 pm

by Alison Hanover » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:19 pm

It is owned by chef Al Papsodero an awesome chef in my opinion. He is opening in early December I think. I have just written on his wall in facebook and told him to subscribe to Hotybytes as people were speculating about Cozza.
Alison Hanover
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

by Becky M » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:57 pm

My husband and i drove by there today to check it out. He said that the location has had quite a few places try to make it, but don't.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Alison Hanover wrote:It is owned by chef Al Papsodero an awesome chef in my opinion. He is opening in early December I think. I have just written on his wall in facebook and told him to subscribe to Hotybytes as people were speculating about Cozza.

Tell him to be sure to use his real name in real-world format when he registers! He belongs here, but people who don't read the rules and enter handles or cryptic screen names don't get their membership approved ...
no avatar
User

Tim Whalen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:31 am

by Tim Whalen » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:43 am

"My husband and i drove by there today to check it out. He said that the location has had quite a few places try to make it, but don't."

This seems to be what has happened to other places that try the "Sunny Side'. The votes of confidence are over-whelming. I guess we think "It can't be that good if it is over there".
Al is a great chef and you really should try his place when they open.
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:13 am

Becky M wrote:My husband and i drove by there today to check it out. He said that the location has had quite a few places try to make it, but don't.

Well, don't forget Ray Parrella's thrived there for years. Maybe the building just wants Italian occupants.
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm

by Karen H » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:27 am

This is exciting news!!! :D I have been hoping a new Italian place would open since I was soooo disappointed when Marcello's fell thru. :( Where exactly is it in Jeffersonville? Please keep us up on the progress and opening date!!!
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

by Becky M » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Tim Whalen wrote:"My husband and i drove by there today to check it out. He said that the location has had quite a few places try to make it, but don't."

This seems to be what has happened to other places that try the "Sunny Side'. The votes of confidence are over-whelming. I guess we think "It can't be that good if it is over there".
Al is a great chef and you really should try his place when they open.

Never said i wouldnt try it, i am actually happy about it and looking forward to it.
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Karen H » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:42 am

Has anyone heard an actual opening date? :D
User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

by BrianW » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Take Exit 0, turn right - about 250 yds. on the left, before the Pearl St. light.
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Karen H » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:34 am

Ok it's early December....does anyone know any info about this place????? :shock:
no avatar
User

Tim Whalen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:31 am

by Tim Whalen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

They are having a soft opening this Wednesday (Dec. 4th) for some Jeffersonville Bigwigs (is that an oxymoron?) and I think they will be doing lunch until they get their liquor permit together. I guess that stuff takes a lot of palm-greasing and lawyer types. I'll try to keep you posted.
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Karen H » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks Tim I appreciate the info and thanks for keeping us posted. :D
Next