Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Carly Rae's

no avatar
User

Chase Thompson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Carly Rae's

by Chase Thompson » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:35 am

On Oct 31, Carly Rae's will be closing. It was decided by the owners of the building/restaurant to close due to not renewing the liquor license. Seeing as we can't serve alcohol past midnight on the 31st, we will be closing. Kinda rough news, but seeing as the way business has been for a while, we were kinda expecting it, but not for this reason. So come and and stop by for a our last few days. Crazy drink specials to get everything sold off. Thanks
User

Bob B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Germantown

Re: Carly Rae's

by Bob B » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:18 pm

I'm so sorry, we hate to see you close. :( My wife and I owned the Chef's Table. We had the building remodeled and the faux finishing done in the dining rooms in 2002. I know a lot of love and hard work went into the last 3 restaurants in that space. Good Luck
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Bob B wrote:I'm so sorry, we hate to see you close. :( My wife and I owned the Chef's Table. We had the building remodeled and the faux finishing done in the dining rooms in 2002. I know a lot of love and hard work went into the last 3 restaurants in that space. Good Luck

I'm *pretty* sure that was 2004, Bob - I worked for you an Michelle and I remember it well because that was the summer my mom passed away, and I had to go to WV for the funeral.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

by Nimbus Couzin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Sorry to hear they are closing. I lived down the block at First and St. Catherine (five houses towards Oak) for a couple years. I was always hoping the neighborhood would improve, but alas, no. I don't scare easily, but I like neighborhoods where your fridge and stove are still there when you come home. And where people don't pull on your copper pipes going to your laundry machine (thus flooding your basement). I could go on. Fortunately, I never had any physical altercations in the neighborhood (I don't like hurting people).

That spot has got to be tough. When I was there, the young lady running it (can't remember the name) tried a health food shop, plus "deli" and even had waffles and omelettes on weekends. I liked it, but I guess not enough biz.

The liquor store across the street seems to be surviving. I wish the next occupants the best of luck. I'm sure something will work there. I'd think more fast food or pizza or something along those lines. Or a good bar and grill.

Peace.
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
User

Alise Oliver

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:20 am

by Alise Oliver » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:11 pm

well, crap, that sucks. My girlz and I had just discovered this place and spent a couple of Sunday evenings there after our chorus rehearsal. Really sorry to hear this...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:28 pm

That bites. Hang in there, Chase ... I hope you and the other staff folks find new restaurant homes soon, if that's your liking ... and don't hesitate to post in the Restaurant Jobs section or use other forum resources. Anything we can do to help you guys.
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:31 pm

What a bummer that such a friendly, comfy place has to close. They have one of the best patios in town. I guess if someone else opens a place there, they can capitalize on that as well, but I enjoyed CarlyRae's. I loved taking people who were kind of apprehensive about the place and the location - everyone would come out pleased. Sorry.
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm

by Karen H » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Just curious...... why wasn't the liquor license renewed? Was it the choice of the owner or were there problems? :?
no avatar
User

Tim Whalen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:31 am

by Tim Whalen » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Great people that worked there, great patio, good food, good music (at least, I hope so because they let me book the bands on the weekends). I'm sorry to see them go. Go out and hear Tyrone Cotton there Friday for the last night of live music.
User

Garrett Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 am

louisville

by Garrett Hoover » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:11 pm

Hey everybody thanks for all the kind words. just to clarify...... it was the owners who decided not to renew the licenses; there were no other problems otherwise. However after word got out that we were closing, we were approached by an eager investor on tues. night who met with owners today. we will know something for sure on thursday morning. thank you again to everyone for the sincere concerns & sympathies. cross your fingers for us :wink:
It's all fun and games till someone puts an eye out! Then it's just fun and games you can't see!
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:55 pm

Garrett Hoover wrote:Hey everybody thanks for all the kind words. just to clarify...... it was the owners who decided not to renew the licenses; there were no other problems otherwise. However after word got out that we were closing, we were approached by an eager investor on tues. night who met with owners today. we will know something for sure on thursday morning. thank you again to everyone for the sincere concerns & sympathies. cross your fingers for us :wink:

Consider them crossed especially for you and Stephanie!
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

JD Barger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:01 pm

by JD Barger » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:21 am

I hope it works out, we love it there
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:18 am

Best of luck. I hope something works out.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

Michele Brinke

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:34 am

Louisville

by Michele Brinke » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Did everything get worked out w/ new owners or investors? We haven't heard anything, I tried to call but machine picked up with message.
Let us know, best of luck
Michele Brinke
The Children's Pantry
502-290-4584
http://www.thechildrenspantry.com
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:20 pm

They are closed, but from what I understand still trying to negotiate a deal.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
Next