Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

Molly Malone's St. Matthews Grand Opening

by Elizabeth S » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:43 pm

I know this has been discussed in the forum before a long time ago but it seems as though the new Molly Malone's in St. Matthews (old BW3 location) will be opening today at 6PM. Apparently, the kitchen is not yet ready and they will not be serving food.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Molly Malone's St. Matthews Grand Opening

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:54 pm

I hate to stir the pot, but I wonder if ABC has signed off on that ...

Elizabeth S wrote:I know this has been discussed in the forum before a long time ago but it seems as though the new Molly Malone's in St. Matthews (old BW3 location) will be opening today at 6PM. Apparently, the kitchen is not yet ready and they will not be serving food.
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

by Elizabeth S » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:38 pm

I have no idea about the ABC signing off on it. I just saw signs while I was driving by saying that they will be open tonight at 6PM tonight - bar only .... or something to that effect,
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Elizabeth S wrote:I have no idea about the ABC signing off on it. I just saw signs while I was driving by saying that they will be open tonight at 6PM tonight - bar only .... or something to that effect,

Thanks for reporting, Elizabeth! I got curious, but didn't mean to make it look like I was criticizing you. The report is definitely appreciated. :)
no avatar
User

Ellen White

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm

st. matthews

by Ellen White » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:10 pm

I've never been there. Is it mostly a bar, or is it an actual restaurant like Irish Rover where you can take the kids?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Ellen White wrote:I've never been there. Is it mostly a bar, or is it an actual restaurant like Irish Rover where you can take the kids?

Obviously I can't speak for the new one. The one on Baxter draws a pubby crowd because it's located in the "pub zone," but it is a full-service restaurant as well as bar, and I'm pretty sure I've seen kids there.
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:14 pm

We had Brunch on Sunday, and though the physical place, decor and open bar party was very attractive, they need a little work on the buffet. All the bacon, meats, pancakes, etc. were steamed to a limpness that was not that real tasty. I think you should do waffles, pancakes, to order. We had off the shelf fried potatoes, and a strange mix of sausage/banger gravy... the fruit was wonderful and ripe,. could use a few more items for the 12.95 price. Pasteries were also right out of the package. I can not speak for the menu items, but they looked good and were priced fairly. Just need to use some common sense on the buffet line. Chaffing dishes can be used effectively, but not to steam the food! At least use the vented tops to get some air flow to the food. I wish them luck, but I don't think they will need it. It looked packed when I passed by on Friday and Sat nights. Bill
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Stopped in for lunch today...One of the best Reuben sandwiches I've ever had. The corned beef was sliced very thick and was tender to perfection. The "Irish" fries were thick cut and cooked to crispy golden brown perfection. I'm sorry to say I can't recall the name of the young man who served us (slender, short dark hair) but he did an excellent job....Very friendly and in response to a couple of questions about the menu wasn't afraid to say "I don't know, let me check" (which I respect). It was my first time at either of the M.M's but based on today's experience, I'd go back without hesitation.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

by Joe C » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Went with my wife the vegetarian. Not much on the menu for her. She ordered the Reuben without meat, and as usual got the funny look from the server. I had a burger that was very good. Good beer selection. The only problem I had was the full charge on my wife's Reuben. I didn't say anything as this is the rule more than the exception. I know that if you order some salads there is an added price for one with chicken or steak. Why can't they do that for veggie sandwiches? Just a thought.
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!
no avatar
User

JD Barger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:01 pm

by JD Barger » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am

We had agreat time there. It was packed friday night, service a little slow, but food was delicious.