Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ashley Isaacs

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:32 pm

BBC's exquisite line up for East/West/No Coast

by Ashley Isaacs » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:30 am

Many of you guys have read the post about the Dogfish/Stone event on Saturday, Sept. 19th, but I just got the list of some incredible brews BBC will be presenting. This is the line up Phil Dearner just gave me, and it looks amazing!

From BBC:
2005 Double Barrel Stout: This is the last of the first batch of Bourbon Barrel Stout we brewed.
Brewed on 12-22-05 the liquid was transferred into its first bourbon barrel and laid to rest for years.
We brew crew then racked that liquid into a second freshly dumped barrel and aged it for two years.
This brew has taken on a life of its own and only can be explained by BBC’s indifference for others pallets. *****This is the very last of this liquid, will never been seen again!

4th ed. 2008 Big Fellow: Exclusively aged for the Louisville chapter of the AOH to celebrate halfway to St. Patrick’s day. Aged for one year in freshly dumped Kentucky Bourbon Barrels. This liquid is brimming with barrel character. Not blended, pulled straight from the barrel. ***Exclusive last tasting until next year.

Bourbon Barrel Stout: This thick, American stout is delicately aged 60 to 90 days in freshly dumped small batch bourbon barrels. The malt sweetness is perfectly balanced by the roast barley and a nice hint of bourbon flavor and aroma. ***Available year round.

2006 Bearded Pat’s Barley Wine: This cellared beauty has aged as gracefully as Sophia Loren. American Style barleywine: so named because of its high, wine-like alcohol content and the use of American hops. Deep amber in color and full bodied, with a blend of fruitiness, and maltiness. As with most Barleywines Bearded Pat’s has aged well allowing the fruity esters, high IBUs, and sweetness to harmonize into a very mature beverage. *****This is the very last of this liquid, will never been seen again!

2008 Brandy Knickers: This is a very limited and special release of The 2008 Queen’s Knickers, BBC’s seasonal Olde English Strong Ale, aged in brandy barrels for 12 months. Like most Queens her power grew with time. Be mindful and courteous or she might call for your head!

American Pale Ale: 2008 voters choice for Louisville’s favorite beer. Our classic American Pale Ale is copper colored ale with fresh, citrus like aromas and a full-bodied and hoppy character balanced with a generous amount of malted barley.
Ashley Isaacs
Flanagan's Ale House
934 Baxter Ave
502-585-3700
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Re: BBC's exquisite line up for East/West/No Coast

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:01 am

Sorry, Ashley -- past my LEO deadline. However, the column should be posted on LEO's website some time today.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Ashley,

Is everything being sold by the pint, or well there be half pints, tasting sizes, etc.?

Thanks.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
User

Josh A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Paristown Point/Germantown

by Josh A » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:50 pm

!!

Double Barrel is back!

I'm torn. Skip all the others and focus on just that, or try all the others once and focus on just that.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Ashley Isaacs

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ashley Isaacs » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Roger, nice piece in the Leo! Thanks for including as much info as you did. I really look forward to Sat., it's going to be one crazy day of beer drinking!

Matthew D, the first beer you order will come with a 12oz mug that is yours to keep. All of the beers served outside will be a 12oz pour. Most of these beers are very high gravity and it would be irresponsible of us to pour pints. I'm not sure how many Big Fella's a person could put away (around 17% abv), although I believe Bill Bellinger holds the record at 12...

Anyway, 100% of proceeds are going to Henry's Ark as well, so have a few for a good cause!

Oh, by the way, our chef is using BBC's Bourbon Barrel Stout to make ice cream!
Ashley Isaacs
Flanagan's Ale House
934 Baxter Ave
502-585-3700
no avatar
User

Kevin Spalding

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:20 am

by Kevin Spalding » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Just wanted to pop in and point out that the Louisville Ale Club will be celebrating it's 5 year anniversary that night in Flanagan's Red Room from 6 to 9. People are welcome to wander in and check it out.

LouisvilleAleClub.org
no avatar
User

Ashley Isaacs

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ashley Isaacs » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:39 pm

By the way, we have a keg of Schlafly India Brown for the Louisville Ale Club's party. We will hook it up in the Red Room on a cold plate. I think there were only a few kegs that made their way to Ky. There's going to be some damn good beer that day!
Ashley Isaacs
Flanagan's Ale House
934 Baxter Ave
502-585-3700
no avatar
User

Kevin Spalding

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:20 am

by Kevin Spalding » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Ashley Isaacs wrote:There's going to be some damn good beer that day!

And we shall all be happy for it! :D
no avatar
User

Joel Halbleib

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 am

by Joel Halbleib » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Thanks Ashley, and thanks to everyone who came out. I was very disappointed that the last keg of Double Barrel Stout went south on us before we had a chance to drink it. I guess it is time to lay back several new barrels. Maybe this time it will be an Imperial Dbl Barrel Stout.

BBC Brew Dude
Brewer
Bluegrass Brewing Co
636 E Main St
jhalbleib@bluegrassbrew.com
(502)584-brew