Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Cincinnati Top 25

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Cincinnati Top 25

by Ron Johnson » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:54 pm

Ok, well Cincinnati Magazine recently published its annual list of the top 25 restaurants in town. What do you think? Agree or disagree?

I would've put Jeff Ruby's a few notches higher and Pho Paris a few notches lower, but overall I thought it was pretty accurate list.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Here's the 2006 "Best of the Best" list ...

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:44 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Ok, well Cincinnati Magazine recently published its annual list of the top 25 restaurants in town. What do you think? Agree or disagree?

I would've put Jeff Ruby's a few notches higher and Pho Paris a few notches lower, but overall I thought it was pretty accurate list.

Is the Cincinnati Jeff Ruby's much better than the Louisville branch, Ron? I'd be hard pressed to include it in the top 25 here.

Just to make things easier for folks, here's the list, from the <b>Cincinnati Magazine Website</b>:

<b>2006 BEST OF THE BEST</b>

1. Jean-Robert at Pigall's
2. Boca
3. Orchids
4. Nicola's Ristorante
5. Sturkey's
6. Daveed's at 934
7. Jo An Japanese Restaurant
8. La Petite Pierre
9. Slims
10. Pho Paris
11. Brown Dog Café
12. Carlo & Johnny
13. Cumin
14. The Celestial Steakhouse
15. Honey
16. Quarter Bistro
17. Tousey House
18. The Palace
19. Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
20. Primavista
21. Knotty Pine on the Bayou
22. Embers
23. Rondo's
24. Riverside Korean Restaurant
25. Germano's
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:57 pm

I haven't had the chance to eat at Jean Robert, but the last meal I had at Boca was stunningly good. The entree was a pappardelle with braised pork bellyand black truffles in an herb jus, and it had these amazing caramelized brussels sprouts that were tossed in truffle oil. I need to get to Jean Robert sometime soon, and then back to Boca.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu May 03, 2007 4:56 pm

Boca is the best restaurant in Cincinnati, period.

I've not dined at Jeff Ruby's in Louisville so I cannot say whether his flagship in Cincinnati is comparable. But, I will say that after many visits to the Jeff Ruby's in Cincinnati, I would be very comfortable ranking it as the best steakhouse in town, and a restaurant that deserves to be in the top 20. I would not rank it in the top ten.