Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cafe Glacé is gone ...

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Cafe Glacé is gone ...

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:06 pm

That would be the little gelato place between Carmichael's and Heine Bros. on Frankfort Avenue. It was open recently, but today, walking past, we notice that it was closed and the ice-cream fixtures removed, with a new hot-dog and ice-cream shop ("Conez and Coneyz" were mentioned on a paper sheet taped in the window) to open Saturday.

Meanwhile, a car covered with signs advertising Gyros Express of Radcliff (Maria Bell's place) was parked out front ... coincidence or no?
no avatar
User

TrishaW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Cafe Glacé is gone ...

by TrishaW » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:40 am

Speaking of Maria's.....the menu there has gone a bit down hill lately. Yes, I can say that. We live in Etown. We go there. She took the grape leaves off the menu along with other items that we always liked, and has added hot dogs??

There may be a connection, I'm not in the know.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Cafe Glacé is gone ...

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:52 am

The hot dog connection seems persuasive. ;)

Frankly, Maria's initial restaurant in Radcliff was excellent, and when the family first came to Louisville, things looked good. But her brother (and, I believe, her daughter) left for the West Coast, and very frankly, it was never the same after that.

TrishaW wrote:Speaking of Maria's.....the menu there has gone a bit down hill lately. Yes, I can say that. We live in Etown. We go there. She took the grape leaves off the menu along with other items that we always liked, and has added hot dogs??

There may be a connection, I'm not in the know.