Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

732 Social Open?

no avatar
User

Mary B

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:03 pm

732 Social Open?

by Mary B » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:07 am

I saw diners in 732 Social around 6 pm last evening. Website is under construction, however, and the only news releases I could find were from last fall. Does anyone know whether it's actually open to the public, or was last night some sort of special event?
no avatar
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Re: 732 Social Open?

by Stephen D » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:13 am

On Facebook Jared Schubet says they open Monday, so it was probably soft opening or mock service.
no avatar
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:43 pm

they are soft open as of yesterday, officially open next week.
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:15 pm

I haven't heard of this place before, and nothing really could be garnered from the website which is (as was mentioned above) under construction.

What gastronomic genre will it fall into, and is there any other interesting/pertinent information about it that I might have missed out on.

Thanks!
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:35 pm

Here's a bit more:

Basa brothers get ready to open restaurant, carryout, catering operation in new Green Building on East Market

The story at the above link is a bit dated, but the information in the article is (to my knowledge) still pretty accurate.

The Ton bros and Jayson Lewellyn all lurk on here, and will surely make a more formal announcement when the time is right (and when they have time during the chaos of opening!).
Last edited by Ethan Ray on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:00 am

a friend was one of the diners on Friday night. It was indeed a soft open, but she had nothing but good things to say about both the food (lots of interesting small plates) and cocktails (toward the "classics") end. Looking forward to the official opening on Monday!
no avatar
User

SheilaB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Louisville

by SheilaB » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:57 pm

I was one of the lucky folks invited to the soft opening on Saturday. I don't have any direct connection with the restaurant as my invite came through a friend who has a minimal connection but I can confirm based on what I was told on Sat. that they officially open on Monday the 30th.

My meal was great and I am looking forward to heading back for more. Although they did not yet have the food menu available for review they did have the wine / cocktail list. My quick perusal of the wine list revealed a nice selection with a good amount of botles in $20-$30 a bottle range. They also have an international selection of craft beers, and an extremely fun cocktail menu. The specialty cocktails are listed by year of creation from the mid 1800s through early 1900s. I went for a Manhattan which was scrumptious and I believe they are making many of the components for the cocktails in house.

The food was up to Basa's excellent standards. I started off with an excellent beet salad (we were in the late seating so sadly we missed out on of a delicious sounding salad with bacon and a fried egg on top). My favorite dish of the evening was the chicken liver appetizer - a surprisingly light, fluffy and intensely flavored chicken liver flan (yes, chicken liver flan!) topped with a fried chicken liver. My dining companion had the ratatouille and pretty muck licked the dish clean. We then shared a large bowl of perfectly cooked mussels in a simple but delicious broth and seared diver scallops with cauliflower and pickled onions. I believe they pickle the onions in house and although it sounded like an odd combination we both loved the dish.

The staff were delightful and friendly - particularly our server Matthew. The space itself is warm and inviting with a comfortable but very hip vibe. Overall a great addition to the E. Market restaurant scene. I"m looking forward to going back....
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:00 am

rode by the other night and saw people in there. Very exciting! Thanks for the sneak peek! How is the decor? I see lots and lots of wood.

Can't wait to give it a try!
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:09 am

Ethan Ray wrote:The story at the above link is a bit dated, but the information in the article is (to my knowledge) still pretty accurate.

Thanks the link. I can't wait until everything is sorted out and its completely ready for business.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
no avatar
User

SheilaB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:49 pm

Louisville

by SheilaB » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:15 am

Decor was simple but elegant - the space itself is very airy - extremely tall ceilings, beautiful woodwork (although I admit I am partial to wood) , and lots of windows. My understanding is that there are a few pieces of art still to be hung.