Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Take Out for a Party: continuing thread

by Deb Hall » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:46 pm

Melissa S. posted the following on Friday; based on Robin's input, I'm restarting it on the new Forum.

I am having some friends and co-workers over for an informal dinner next week. I won't have time to prepare dinner. I wanted to get take out from a nice market/deli (prepared- where I only have to reheat and serve)there will be around 8 people. Someone suggested Burger's market. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. If you know of a good market/take out place, let me know what items you suggest from there. Thank you.
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:52 pm

Isn't there a place on Lexington that does this? Tologongo? Or something like that.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Gourmet For Everyone

by Deb Hall » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Apologies to the Forumites for the weird way of responding to Melissa's post, but with the changeover, this is what Robin suggested.

Melissa,

Gourmet for Everyone does the kind of Gourmet-to-go foods you are looking for: all pre-cooked and simply need re-heating. Our standard menu is at http://www.gourmetforeveryone.com, but please keep in mind that we've greatly expanded our selections since our opening: we have seasonal specialities (right now we have a penne with roasted garlic cream sauce, and an applewood smoked bacon and goat cheese strata,) so this is only a partial list. We also have a number of new sauces you can choose from: shitake mushroom, balsamic glaze and quite a few more. We have some of the finest restaurant desserts in town: our pastry chef was the pastry chef for Lilly's for 5 years and bakes for several of the top restaurants in town.

Sorry, I can't make recommendations as I'm obviously biased... :D But if you call me at the store, I'd be happy to help you figure out a menu.

Deb Hall
no avatar
User

Kim W.

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:33 pm

by Kim W. » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:42 pm

My suggestion to Melissa would be to check out Gourmet For Everyone on Shelbyville Rd. My husband and I ordered a Valentine's dinner from their, that was excellent. Pistachio encrusted Salmon with a vegetable risotto and Smoked Pork was so easy to reheat and plate, it made for an easy and enjoyable evening. I also pick-up on occasion their Black Angus Meatloaf and Tomato Basil Soup. I have tried all the Tomato soups up and down downtown Middeltown and Gourmet For Everyone's is the best. I plan to use them for some of my entertaining this summer. Kim.
no avatar
User

Bill Brymer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:47 am

Tologono

by Bill Brymer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:34 pm

Wife is a big fan of their soups -- which you will find at Doll's. If I'm not mistaken Tologono also provides the prepared meals featured in the "deli counter" at Doll's.
no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

by Melissa S » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:25 pm

I wound up getting take out from Shiraz. Everything was great, and my guests really enjoyed all the different flavors. Thanks for all of the suggestions. :D