Want to organize a get-together with forum pals at a local eatery or pub? Plan it here!
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Old Louisville

Re: Bombay Grill Offline

by Mandy R » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:48 pm

Oh no....I don't know if we had lost power for a while or what but I just woke up to my alarm clock flashing and my computer shut off. The same thing happened yesterday. I had worked third shift and had not even gone to asleep until almost 6am so it had to have happened sometime after that....I am so sorry you guys (not to mention EXTREMELY disappointed!!!). :(
Last edited by Mandy R on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:15 pm

Sorry we were not able to make a cancellation. Just got power back. Been in the dark from Tuesday eve till now. Looking forward to the Bombay report. Hope those that made it had a great time.
John and Anne
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:44 pm

John, Anne and Mandy, sorry to have missed you. The offine was an absolute blast. It was good to see some of my old forum buddies and particularly nice to make new acquaintances. The food was so good and the service even better. I sure did like the special treats we received. Leah, you shoulda been there. Have a great w/e everyone. And Paul, thanks for getting this arranged for us to enjoy. Job well done. Also, if anyone from Bombay Grill reads this, you all did a fantastic job taking care of us this afternoon.
Last edited by Doogy R on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Mandy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Old Louisville

by Mandy R » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:27 pm

And now I really want to cry.... :cry: *sigh* I suppose I may drag myself over to Kashmir later on for some take out, I had been looking forward to this all week and still want some Indian food! Well I always try to look on the bright side of things, I am really lucky to have only lost power for very brief periods two days in a row now. I am on the East side of Old Louisville and a large part of the neighborhood here and Germantown further to the east of me has gone without. Hopefully the short shut offs we have experienced means they are working on getting power back to all of my neighbors. We even had people who were so reluctant to go home last night that they stayed at work and slept in ambulances instead. I was going to check up on it in a while and if there are still people in that bad of a situation will likely offer up my place for people to get some sleep and use the shower and maybe get a hot meal (will have to take another look at the Kitchen thread over feeding a bunch of people, that's a good one) as I only live a few blocks from our headquarters. Since I didn't make it out I have been prepping for any takers.

Please give reports on how it was, one of these days I hope to convince someone to actually go with me and would like to know what to try.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:29 pm

Thank you, Paul, for organizing a wonderful offline. :) It was lovely to meet you, Nira and Sanjay. (Nira, I promise to get over to thenew location of Bazo's. I like your suggestion of coming via the "back" way.) I missed you Tom, Gina, John, Annie and Heather. I'm sure that somewhere down the road I will get to meet Mandy, Cassie and Owen. I'm hoping to see you all at the LHB Shrimp & Grits Throwdown :?:
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Gayle DeM wrote:Thank you, Paul, for organizing a wonderful offline. :) It was lovely to meet you, Nira and Sanjay. (Nira, I promise to get over to thenew location of Bazo's. I like your suggestion of coming via the "back" way.) I missed you Tom, Gina, John, Annie and Heather. I'm sure that somewhere down the road I will get to meet Mandy, Cassie and Owen. I'm hoping to see you all at the LHB Shrimp & Grits Throwdown :?:

What Gayle said as well as what I said, I had a fantabulous time this afternoon. I even gave up watching the UL games for this. It was worth it.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and condolences here and via PM. My wife and I are fortunate and very blessed to have an extremely close knit family and when one of them falls our world is diminished by what is lost. One thing that gives us strength was seeing all of the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of our extended combined family. Family lives on through the generations and we rejoice in that. Looking forward to seeing all of you at the next offline (working on the night of the Shrimp & Grit throwdown) whenever that may be. Again, we thank our online foodie family for your thoughts and prayers.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:31 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:Thank you all for your kind words and condolences here and via PM. My wife and I are fortunate and very blessed to have an extremely close knit family and when one of them falls our world is diminished by what is lost. One thing that gives us strength was seeing all of the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of our extended combined family. Family lives on through the generations and we rejoice in that. Looking forward to seeing all of you at the nxt offline (working on the night of the Shrimp & Grit throwdown) whenever that may be. Again, we thank our online foodie family for your thoughts and prayers.

Ed. Great words. More than I can speak. Thoughts and prayers.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:53 am

Special thanks to Paul for calling out the crowd and organizing this offline. For a relatively new member to take on this job with a smile says something very special: Paul, you're a HotBytes veteran now, and we're very glad to have you among us. :)
no avatar
User

Nira K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:25 pm

by Nira K » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Gayle DeM wrote:Thank you, Paul, for organizing a wonderful offline. :) It was lovely to meet you, Nira and Sanjay. (Nira, I promise to get over to thenew location of Bazo's. I like your suggestion of coming via the "back" way.) I missed you Tom, Gina, John, Annie and Heather. I'm sure that somewhere down the road I will get to meet Mandy, Cassie and Owen. I'm hoping to see you all at the LHB Shrimp & Grits Throwdown :?:

It was nice to meet you too Gayle. It does get congested at the Breckenridge and Dutchman's intersection but only for an hour at lunch and between 5.00 and 5.30 when everyone is trying to get home. The Brown lane shortcut does help a lot.

See you soon at Bazo's
User

Paul Mick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:38 am

Downtown

by Paul Mick » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:56 am

Sorry its taken me a while to post this. My parents came up from Western Kentucky, and the last few days have been kind of crazy.

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out on Saturday. It was a pleasure to meet all of you, and I look forward to seeing you again soon. I'm glad I can finally put some faces with all of the names on here, and hopefully (weather permitting) even more of us can make it to the next offline.

Also, thanks everyone for the vote of confidence about organizing the offline. I was the social chair for Honors Student Council back in undergrad, and almost everyone on the board was a foodie. Its nice to be able to plan big gatherings at restaurants again.

I'll see you all at our next offline.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."--J.R.R. Tolkien
Previous