Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Cafe Mimosa on fire

by Bill Veneman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:41 am

Just got a new alert that Cafe Mimosa is burning. It was a brief blip, however, they did say that Bardstown Road in the area was shut down.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:23 pm

Re: Cafe Mimosa on fire

by christopher stockton » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:16 am

I live across the road from Mimosa and @ 515am all power went out on my block . I could see a glow from my window and after walking outside, realized that Mimosa was ablaze!

It did not look good for the building at all. This is a serious fire. The fire department looked like they had their hands full but were dealing with it very well.

I hope no one has been hurt and best wishes to all the businesses involved in this. I know the vetenary office is connected to the building. Lets hope all critters got out.
"It's crazy good sandwiches"
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:23 am

Wow. This is a week eh?
I hope everyone is okay. Man.
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:32 am

Bill Veneman wrote:Just got a new alert that Cafe Mimosa is burning. It was a brief blip, however, they did say that Bardstown Road in the area was shut down.

The C-J is reporting in its on-line edition that, "The entire building is a loss and the roof partially collapsed.", and that it may have begun as a trash fire outside the back of the building....no reports of injuries.
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:39 am

I am very worried about the vet clinic attached to the building, just next door, I hope any animals inside were rescued, does anyone know???
User

Reagan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:52 am

Keepin on the Sunny Side, Always on the Sunny Side

by Reagan H » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:50 am

I have been told the Eggroll Machine got hit next door, I do hope the animals are ok- if anyone does know, please pass it on. My thoughts are with everyone involved, yet Foodies love animals, too!
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:54 am

WLKY is reporting firefighters were able to save the vet clinic, good news during a tragic event.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Reagan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:52 am

Keepin on the Sunny Side, Always on the Sunny Side

by Reagan H » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks Mark, my favourite post of yours so far... Now we can return to sending positivity towards our People friends. Mr. Lee and Co, we are thinking of you and yours. And the firefighters! Thank God.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:55 pm

This is really breaking my heart. I spent fifteen minutes crossing the Mid City parking lot this morning because Bardstown Road was closed off. I had lemongrass tofu carry out there a week ago. They are good people and I really hope they rebuild. I shudder to think what it looks like right now.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Jackie R. wrote:This is really breaking my heart. I spent fifteen minutes crossing the Mid City parking lot this morning because Bardstown Road was closed off. I had lemongrass tofu carry out there a week ago. They are good people and I really hope they rebuild. I shudder to think what it looks like right now.

Yeah, I had to take the "through Mid-City Mall to Baxter" route this morning too. All the water that was used to put out the fire covered all of that section of Bardstown Road and froze, and it's a solid sheet of ice. Bardstown is closed from Mid-City Mall to Grinstead.

This is a terrible tragedy. We get delivery from Cafe Mimos often, and have met a few of the delivery folks, who are always very kind. Best of luck, Cafe Mimosa.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Matt K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 am

Downtown

by Matt K » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:10 pm

This truly is heartbreaking. I too had to drive behind midcity mall this morning but didn't realize what was going on til I read the cj online. This was one if my favorite Asian spots in town and dined there frequently. You are right about them being good peoples. My heart goes out to them and I hope they are able to rebuild quickly!
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

by Laura T » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Whatever will my boyfriend do without their sushi delivery? :(
User

Jesse Hendrix-Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

Schnitzelburg

by Jesse Hendrix-Inman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:41 pm

How sad! I never even got to try it...
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:53 pm

The C-J is reporting in its on-line edition that, "The entire building is a loss and the roof partially collapsed.", and that it may have begun as a trash fire outside the back of the building....no reports of injuries.[/quote]

Word on the street is a trash fire started by a homeless person trying to stay warm last night.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com
User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

by Laura T » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:09 pm

Wes P wrote:Word on the street is a trash fire started by a homeless person trying to stay warm last night.

How sad.
Next